Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 8, 2017

Soundtouch update loop

And here we go again. Another endless update loop that downloads, then never updates but constantly reminds me to do over and over again. The same problem that happened last November but this time with a couple of refinements. Firstly my Soundtouch 30 has vanished from my app. But I can play it directly from Spotify, where it is the only device Spotify can see. I am using a 2012 Macbook Pro with Mojave 10.14.4.

Thoughts? Ideas?  Sorry, but this is becoming an irritating habit with Bose updates.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Re: Soundtouch update loop

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hello JohnCarr,

Thanks for posting in the community.  Sorry to hear about the Sirius XM issues, but would be glad to help.

I would recommend signing out of the Sirius XM account in the SoundTouch app and removing it as a source.  After this, please sign out of SoundTouch and back in again. Re-add the Sirius XM credentials and re-test.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Prince_O

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Hi JLangt, 

Thanks for posting. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue. 

I would highly recommend taking a look at this article here.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Yesterday I uploaded the update to the Soundtouch app.  I ended up deleting the ST app and reinstalling the updated ST app. App version 21.0.4. All seemed to work yesterday. Today SiriusXM is dropping every couple hours. Frustrating. SiriusXM has worked well for a couple months except for song info. Now it is dropping again. Anyone else having this issue?  Bose folks, can this be fixed?  Thanks 

John C

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hello JohnCarr,

Thanks for posting in the community.  Sorry to hear about the Sirius XM issues, but would be glad to help.

I would recommend signing out of the Sirius XM account in the SoundTouch app and removing it as a source.  After this, please sign out of SoundTouch and back in again. Re-add the Sirius XM credentials and re-test.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Prince_O

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Prince

it worked. Been playing consistently for 6 hours. Even song info is correct now. Thanks

John C

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Hello John,

I am happy to hear is working.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Have a nice day!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 8, 2017

Only thing that worked was completely uninstalling the app and then reinstalling. Oddly everything worked fine straightaway. Didn't even have to reconnect speakers to wifi network. 

Highlighted

Hi Jlangt, 

Thanks for posting and updating us with this. 

I am very happy to hear that this issue has been resolved. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!