Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 11, 2019

Soundtouch10 Problems Since Update

I have the Bose Soundtouch 10 Speaker, which I got at a Bose outlet store. The presets are gone from the software and so is InTune. QQ is not available through Bose or the app store. I’ve always had Bose around me and like what is available.

I probably would not have gone with the manual update if I had known the presets would be gone. I did review the update info and there was nothing about the presets being gone. I’ve had presets since 2015 or 2016 when I got this speaker and never had a problem with them. It was a total surprise to me that I got the message ‘We’re Sorry. Presets aren’t available in your region.’

Lee Easter

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch10 Problems Since Update

Hello Easter, 

Thanks for posting! 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your SoundTouch speaker. 

If you haven't already, I would recommend restarting your internet router. Unplug it for 5 minutes, then plug back in to see if the issue persists. 

If you're still having issues, sign out of the Bose SoundTouch app, then sign back in again. I would also recommend unplugging the speaker from power during this time, then plug it back in.

If you continue having problems, try factory resetting the speaker and setting it up as a new device. You can do this by pressing and holding Preset 1 and Vol- together on the top of the speaker for around 10 seconds or until the LEDs on the speaker flash. 

Finally, if you still have unexpected behavior from the speaker, try to force it to reinstall the current firmware by pressing and holding PReset 4 and Vol- together for around 10 seconds. 

Be sure to let me know how you get on! 

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.