rodrigobatatais
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Soundtouch20 Power on but no signal of working

Hi, Saw quite a few topics about power not turning on after updates on software but i could not find a solution other than look for store support. I am current in Brasil and support here can be quite expensive and it is a little disappointing that a high quality equipment stop working after a update.... I am sure the power is working as the equipment is getting warm/hot (just normal temp and not abnormal temperature). But nothing else happens. Equipment not found by app on cell phone, computer, connected to wifi or Ethernet cable. Seems to be dead...Already tried to unplug and plug again the power cord, but nothing changes... Anyone else facing that and found a solution ? Or anyone know what could be my problem ? Any other brazilians that could indicate support stores ? Appreciate any help...
8 REPLIES 8
Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Soundtouch20 Power on but no signal of working

Hello rodrigobatatais,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your SoundTouch 20. I would be more than happy to help you with this today, I would recommend that you try updating your firmware if you have not tried this already. You can do this by going to this page HERE

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

rodrigobatatais
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Zoe,

Good evening and thank you very much for your quick answer...Looking at the model it looks like my is the II version but i am note sure. How can i check it ? 

I tried both methods using version II and noting happened...Actually the method with micro USB cabe not even openned the link 

By the way, is this link correct ? Is it really a double point ?

Thanks again

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello rodrigobatatais,

Thanks for getting back to me, so if you want to find out the exact version then it should say the original product name in the SoundTouch app by going to  Settings> About> Select the system> Speaker Details. Once you have found out which one then you can select it when on the update page I mentioned before, I went onto the website to test and it worked for me when I clicked SoundTouch I & II it downloaded the file. I suggest trying again once you know what version you have, the link will only work whilst you have the system turned on and plugged into the computer. 

If you have any more trouble trying to update then just get back in touch, I look forward to hearing your results from the update.

Kindest regards,
Zoe C

rodrigobatatais
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Thanks again,

The link not working for me is the http 203.0.113......for updating the system...The file I had downloaded fine and my system is II (dont have bluetooth). Also tried using the USB drive but again no sucessfull...

Power working fine , as I said it is getting warm, but no lights on led, no noise and no signals...How can i know if system power is really on with no lights blinking on the front panel ?

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello rodrigobatatais,

Yes, that is very strange that the product appears to be on but without LED lights and the updater is unable to find the product. Since we have gone through all the troubleshooting possible for this issue, I would suggest calling the customer care team in Brazil; I know this is not the outcome you wanted.

I am sorry that I have not been able to assist you further on this occasion, should you need anything else then please get in touch. 

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

rodrigobatatais
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Thanks again Zoe, I will look for service and depending on the findings I will share here with you all..

Regards,

Rodrigo 

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello rodrigobatatais,

Thanks for getting back in touch, that would be great if you could share your solution when you find one as it will help other community members who might be having a similar issue.

I would also encourage other community members to offer any help or solutions that they are aware of.

Should you need anything else please get in touch, have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

rodrigobatatais
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Good evening all, 

Good news, my Bose is live again !!!

I dont have the solution but i will let you know steps I took and it starts to work again...

1 - first thing i took it to a lab for open the hardware and check if there was any obvious damage (cable loose, signals of burn, etc). After open the botton side of the Bose, i checked and all looks ok. Then I connected it to power so I could do some checks with a multimeter...Normally in my home i use 110 volts power and in this lab it was 220 volts and just after I plugged to 220v it come live again...Dont ask me why lolol

2 - I came back to my home and it worked for 15 minutes and then black out again...Tried again on next day and it worked for another 15 min and block out again

3 - on the third day, i remember i read something about bose stopping work after some software updates and then i decided to hard reset (1 plus volume - butoons pushed for 10 sec)...After reset finished it it started to work normally again...I had epxerience no more issues but I am keeping it monitored for more time to ensure i dont need to look for a techncial service...

Resume: if you ever able to power up the bose, reset it....

Hope help someone too and looking foward to comments, if any !

Regards,

Rodrigo