jaysiv
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

Soundtouch30

I’m hoping someone can help please! I’ve just purchased a soundtouch 30 series 3 unit and can’t get it to connect to WiFi or Bluetooth?? I’m sure that it’s me that’s the problem and not the device but any help would be greatly appreciated. 
jason

3 REPLIES 3
rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Soundtouch30

Have you tried the setup instructions that came with the speaker. Can you clarify what exactly is the problem.

jaysiv
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

I’ve done everything by the instructions,  I’ve got a solid white Wi-Fi simbol on the unit and then I get a message saying “there was a problem and we can’t add your speaker to your account” 

ive also tried using a Ethernet cable and that doesn’t seem to work either. I also don’t seem to be able to get it to work via Bluetooth as it doesn't switch when you press the AUX/Bluetooth button??? Really frustrating. 

Sam_F

Hey @jaysiv,

I think I know exactly the issue you're running into. It seems to me that you've walked through the setup process so far without issue, hence the solid white WiFi LED. However, you're hitting a stumbling block when trying to connect the speaker to your account, mainly at the 'naming speaker' page. 

To get around this, you'll need to manually update the system using the instructions shown HERE. Follow down from the section titled "Manually update with a USB cable". Once you've pushed the update to the system, you will be able to flow through the whole setup without an issue.

Let me know how you get on with things!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!