Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

Speakers Constantly Resetting

I have 2 x 30s, 2 x 20s, 2 paired sets of 10s and 1 x wireless link.  I have had some of these for years and have been adding to them across that time.  I have never had an issue with any of them, been very happy.  On Saturday and very much out of the blue during usual use they just started resetting constantly.  Once they seem to settle down any activity just sets them into resetting again.  I have deleted and reinstalled the app.  I have removed speakers and reset them.  Occasionally they seem to settle for a decent period (by that I mean they are not resetting) and so give them a try.  If you hit a preset things might start but 1) after a long delay, 2) you now do not get the preset number showing or the swirling circle while loading.  If you get the preset to start, anything you try and do via the app has a really long lag before the speaker does anything.   The buttons on the speaker then do not work at all.  This isn't limited to the use of presets but anything at all - control through the app, connecting via bluetooth etc etc etc.  Very shortly after starting to work via any of the above, it will just cut out and reset anyway.  Something is very seriously wrong with the speakers now and I see you are getting a lot of very similar complaints and I see that some are pondering the last firmware update.  Anyway, I have a considerable number of what presently amount to decorations that I would really like back up and running again.  Your urgent attention and a solution would be appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2018

Re: Speakers Constantly Resetting

+1 - Have had the same situation for about a week now. 

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

Some if us have had this issue recently too.  Solution is to delete your SoundTouch account, create a new one and then add all the speakers to that account.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

I have also been experiencing these issues for about a week on 4 devices: a SoundTouch Wave, a SoundTouch Portable and 2 SoundTouch Wireless Links. I haven't seen any update prompts from Bose since February, so I'm not sure what changed to cause this, perhaps something on their servers.

I removed all 4 devices from my account, did a factory reset on all of them and then logged out of my account on the Bose app on my iPhone. Afterwards, however, it was impossible to log back in, I kept getting error messages. Eventually I force-quit the app, relaunched it, and all of a sudden I was logged back in (despite all of the previous error messages). Except that now all of my presets are gone on my iPhone. However on my iPad, which I left logged in, all of my presets are still there. Both devices can still control the speakers, but one of them has all of my presets and the other has none of them. In all the years I've been using SoundTouch I've never before seen an instance of the SoundTouch app being out of sync on 2 different iOS devices.

Anyways, I re-added all of the factory resetted devices to the account, and they worked for about 20 minutes, and then started disappearing and reappearing in the app, rebooting and freezing up at random, as they were doing before.

I have read elsewhere on this forum that the only currently known solution to this issue is to create a new SoundTouch account and start from scratch, but I have so many music services and so many presets that that would be a huge disruption. I'm holding out for some kind of acknowledgement of the problem and fix from Bose, but as per usual I'm not holding my breath. *sigh*

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2017

I have the same problem.. create a new acount only worked for 1 day for me... after that ... problem apears again... i am fighting with soundtouch app every day try to "adding" over and over again the speakers (ST 10 x3, ST 20 x 2 and Soundbar 300 X1)... so... i can see ramdomly the speakers when the app wants... Please help!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

This seems to have very had mixed success.  Also can you create a new account using the same email address ?  I would dearly like to hear from Bose on this matter.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

Speakers Constantly Resetting

All,

I'm experiencing the same behaviour since last week losing ST10/ST20 2x/ST30!

I've contacted the Bose helpdesk. They helped me in trying to re-set the speakers and re-connect to the network. However after 1,5h of effort conclusion was to send all these speakers back for factory check up.

So my expectation is that Bose investigates pls the problem urgently, I've not touched these speakers, no settings changed. However out of the blue the speakers lose connection and start to re-set in a continuous loop. I referenced to the helpdesk that I had read that changing account was a solution however the employee explained to me that this was not the solution.

Brgds, Silla

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

Its not a problem with your speakers, its almost certainly a problem with Bose's servers.  I am fairly certain of this because I sent 2 of my 6 speakers to Bose for repair, and the problem started for me after the speakers came back and I added them back to my account.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

Thanks for this update.  Wow, well its now even less clearer than it was and there seems no point following any particular path at the moment.  I trust Bose are taking this seriously as right at the moment I have several thousands of dollars of useless product !!!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

Well, as no one from Bose has replied to this thread it doesn't seem like they are. It's a shame to not be able to use any of this stuff now that I can't leave my house and actually have the time (dare I say the need?) to do so. This is basically like the Sonos recycle mode, where they brick your hardware, but without the corresponding store credit. The end result of buying into the SoundTouch ecosystem is thousands of dollars worth of paperweights.