Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Speakers Constantly Resetting

Hey all, 

I've read through the thread, and uncertain on what the exact nature of your issues. Can you please elaborate on what resetting means to you? Do the speakers power off, and then boot back up again? If the speakers have screens such as the SoundTouch 20 or 30, do you see a progress bar appear on the speaker? @SimplyZen, you note the speakers display a circle on the screen - are there any other actions at this time? The more detailed that you can be, the more we'll be able to understand the exact nature of the difficulties you're currently experiencing. 

There's a separate thread (here) discussing specifically the SoundTouch 300. It may be unrelated, but some of you are noting varying success with using the SoundTouch application. As noted within that thread, it is mentioned that temporarily signing out of your SoundTouch account within the app, creating a new SoundTouch account, and "searching for speaker already on network" to reconnect the speakers back has had success for them. 

It can often be difficult using peer-to-peer focussed platforms, like a Community forum, to escalate individual issues as we typically require system logfiles to understand exactly what your systems are doing. These can be easier to obtain if you contact Bose support directly. 

Hope to hear from you soon.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

I also have the same problem.  I've seen the issue on Soundtouch 300, Soundtouch 30, 20, and 10 devices in my house.  Sad to see all of my speakers bricked.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

Speakers Constantly Resetting

I've tried all suggestions, no luck so frustrating. Bose is not really helping us out.

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

The exact procedure I used:

a) remove each speaker in the app

b) factory reset each speaker

c) in the app log out of your account

d) in the app create a new account

e) add the speakers to the new account one by one

f) add back all your audio sources, set your presets again, etc.

The good news is that I did this and the problem has never come back.  The bad news is I can't tell you for sure what the key step was,, but I am pretty sure creating a new account is key.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply.  This is just one of many threads all experiencing the same problems and describing the same symptoms.  In answer to your question re: the circle.  You know how when you hit a preset for example, then the 'I'm connecting' circle that slowly spins on the screen is what i was referring to.  Clearly attempting to make direct contact with Bose over this is what I will have to do.

I simply do not believe however that Bose do not know about this, what is happening (clearly to such a large number of people across a diverse geographic spread and who all started experiencing the same issues making their rather expensive products essentially useless - as I noted any form of connection to the speakers is highly unstable now), and have a reasonable idea of what caused / is causing it.  The proposed 'solution' is not that at all - at best it is a work around.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

Speakers Constantly Resetting

All,

Today I received information from Helpdesk Bose that the problem I experienced with multiple ST devices probably is linked to an issue related to the last update and that affected my account. Solution is the already described process to remove ST devices, log off from your account. Re-connect the devices and create a new account.

Today I executed these steps and so far the problem is solved. All this raises the question how many users are affected and why it is not possible to fix the accounts with a fix.

Brgds, Silla