Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

Speakers cutting out on play all

Hello,

My current setup is below:

• SoundTouch 20

• SoundTouch 10 x2

This issue has been occurring over the past 9 month, whenever I select play all on my bose SoundTouch app, one of the non-parent speaker of the speaker group keeps cutting out every 20 seconds, this is if I have any combination of the 3 speakers selected, one will always cut out every 20-30 seconds. It’s becoming incredibly irritating when trying to play music, this happens if it’s casted via Bluetooth, Spotify over the SoundTouch app, or when I attach my record player to the back of the SoundTouch 20 and cast it to the other two SoundTouch 10’s.

i have checked signal strength on the speakers and they all show as great, as they are all within about 15feet of the WiFi router. We recently had new internet installed and the issue is still persisting, which means it is an issue with the Bose systems themselves and not my WiFi.

I’d really like help with this as I am becoming pretty distraught at having hundreds of pounds of audio equipment that I can’t reliably use. As I mentioned before, this issue only started occurring about 9 month ago, so I have a strong feeling it’s being caused by the firmware.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Speakers cutting out on play all

Hello Paul1234567,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing some connection issues when grouping your SoundTouch speakers. I completely understand your frustrations and would love to see if we can resolve this for you.

To confirm, if you are playing just 2 of the speakers or less, do you ever experience this?

Do you have a dual-band router (2.4GHz and 5GHz)? 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Paul1234567
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

Hi Charlotte, 

this only happens whenever I have 2 or 3 of the speakers on. It doesn’t happen if there is just one speaker on.

I do indeed have a dual band router.

Highlighted

Hello Paul1234567,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

In my opinion, that does seem like it could be down to bandwidth or certain settings on the network. 

Have you split the bands? I would recommend connecting to the 2GHz network for these speakers. It would also be great if you could take a look at our recommended router settings and match them to your own as close as possible.

UPnP - Enable

Multicast - Enable

IGMP - Enable

Wireless Isolation - Disable

IGMP Proxy - Disable

Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode - Mixed or B/G/N

Stealth mode - Disable

MAC Filtering/Access Control - Disable, or add the SoundTouch™ system’s MAC address to the allowed devices list

WPS - Disable

Wireless channel - Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended.

Security type – WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption.

WMM – Disable.

If you are not comfortable doing this yourself, please contact your service provider or call our customer support team who can guide you step by step.

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Please let me know the outcome of this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Paul1234567
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

Hi Charlotte,

I will gives this a go, however it’s worth noting that I’ve had an entirely entirely new internet provider installed as well as an entirely new router and the issue still occurs the same way it did with our old provider.

ill update you when I try this.

Highlighted

Hi Paul1234567,

Yes, I understand this, but this would not have an effect in this situation.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
Paul1234567
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

Thanks Charlotte That appears to work, I haven’t tried any prolonged usage (more than one hour) but it appeared fixed after 30 mins usage.