Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

Speakers dont connect to wifi anymore through Bose Soundtouch application

Hi, 

Since I upgraded speakers and application to the latest version of soundtouch my speakers dont connect anymore to the Bose Soundtouch app, however they can get connected individually from Spotify so this means they are part of my network. 

I have looked at the support community and found that this issue is recurrent for other users and followed the instructions you give of re-installing  and resetting all from scratch but I still have the same issue. 

What can we still do to get this fixed? I've got the impression the issue is the latest update of the app, is there anyway to get back to the previous version of the application? It was working well

Looking forward your help 

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: Speakers dont connect to wifi anymore through Bose Soundtouch application

Hey iezkerra70,

Welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear you've not been able to connect to your speakers through the SoundTouch app since performing the latest update.

Could you please confirm which SoundTouch speakers you have so that I can provide you with the most accurate support?

I'm unsure of which resets you have seen listed so if you haven't already, could you please reset your router by removing the power for 60 seconds.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 18, 2015

Same Issue here.  I removed a ST30, 3x ST10 and a ST Link.  Still having problems removing a SA Amp.  Uninstalled and re-installed the App.  No progress.  However, I can listen to each individually through Spotify Connect.  What gives?  My system was working flawlessly before a system update jacked it up.  Frustrated.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

Hi Charlotte, 

Thank you very much for your reply. 

I have the following set of speakers: 

- 4 Soundtouch 10

-2 Soundtouch 20

-1 Bar son 700

I have reset the router several times and configure from scratch all speakers but it didnt help much so far. I really need the bose support on this one please

Many thanks

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

iezkerra70@hotmail.com wrote:

Hi, 

Since I upgraded speakers and application to the latest version of soundtouch my speakers dont connect anymore to the Bose Soundtouch app, however they can get connected individually from Spotify so this means they are part of my network. 

I have looked at the support community and found that this issue is recurrent for other users and followed the instructions you give of re-installing  and resetting all from scratch but I still have the same issue. 

What can we still do to get this fixed? I've got the impression the issue is the latest update of the app, is there anyway to get back to the previous version of the application? It was working well

Looking forward your help 

Sign out of your SoundTouch account then sign back in. 

Highlighted

Hey jmullen1000,

Sorry to hear you're also having some issues with connecting to your SoundTouch systems. 

A great suggestion from @rickatk is to sign in and out of your SoundTouch app. @iezkerra70 could you please also do this!

Let me know if the issue persists after.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

Hi Charlotte, 

I tried this way, to log out my bose account and log in again but still the same issue. 

I am getting desperated with this issue, it is now more than one week that I am having this issue tried all things possible and it is still not working. what else can I do?

I do really need bose support on this 

thank you 

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

iezkerra70@hotmail.com wrote:

Hi Charlotte, 

I tried this way, to log out my bose account and log in again but still the same issue. 

I am getting desperated with this issue, it is now more than one week that I am having this issue tried all things possible and it is still not working. what else can I do?

I do really need bose support on this 

thank you 

Contact Bose directly, they can help you troubleshoot your gear.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

How do I need to contact Bose directly?

do you have a telephone number to contact them?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

Hi, 

It seems some of us were affected with crashing, rebooting, resetting issues those last few days (see last posts in general thread about "Soundtouch Firmware Update - 24-0-7"). Here's what worked for me, as posted there :

As Beyboy & Eyahlin I have multiple SoundTouch speakers. All were working flawlessly after the update till Friday. For a not known reason, at least one of them was crashing, disconnecting and rebooting again and again. Then, after resetting the ones having issues, it was impossible to add and configure all of them in my account. 

Finally I fixed the issue by creating a new account and was able to set them all. It’s working again since then (old account was corrupted maybe). People having crashing / rebooting problem should try if creating a new account will work for them as well.

Hope it will work for you.