Highlighted
Jus1973
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

Speakers not being found on wireless.

I have two residences, one for work, and one home.  I took 3 soundtouch 10s from one location to the other, which has a different wifi, obviously.  Tried to connect them though the soundtouch app on iOS, with very limited success. 

One speaker is clearly on the network, as it plays internet radio, however, the iOS app can’t find it.  Another appears in the app, plays internet radio, however the app tells me it needs to be connected to the wireless network.

The third one simply sits there like a door stop with the wireless light solid white, and the soundtouch light solid amber.  

It’s been driving me mad, as all i want to do is set up one for a bedroom, and a stereo pair for a living space for my second home.  

The online chat was of no use.  Ive switched off all firewalls and set my wireless security really low in an effort to get these working.

Any ideas.

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Speakers not being found on wireless.

Hi Jus1973, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having connection issues with your systems and would love to assist you further. 

Firstly I would recommend that you set the system's up on the new network via: 

• Open the SoundTouch app
  • In the menu to the left, choose "Settings"
  • Choose "Speaker Settings"
  • Choose the system that shows "NOT CONNECTED"
  • Choose "CONNECT SPEAKER"
  • Choose "WI-FI"
  • When prompted, connect the USB cable between the computer and the SoundTouch system.
  • Choose "CONTINUE" and wait for the system to be detected
  • Select your home wireless network from the drop-down menu and enter the network password
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the computer once the system connects to the network. This allows the computer to reconnect to your home wireless network. The Wi-Fi indicator on the system shows flashing white while connecting and solid white once connected
  • Enter a name (or leave the name unchanged) and choose "CONTINUE"
  • If you have another system to setup, choose "YES" to set up another system; if not, choose "NO" to complete setup

Please update me on the result of these steps and I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Jus1973
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

Hi Hector,

many thanks for the assistance.  Unfortunately I am working just with an iPad as I have no computer young enough at the second location, just a 10 year old MacBook.  

If using the USB port is the best or only option, then I’ll wait until I’m back with a newer device that runs the software ok, and try that.  

Thanks. 

Justin.

Hi Jus1973, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

You could also set the speakers up via the alternate set up method here. 

Please update me on the result of this! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Jus1973
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

Hi Hector,

Thanks again for getting back to me.  That’s the method I’ve been trying to use, after the ´normal’ method failed to find them.  It’s very peculiar to have 3 identical devices behaving in 3 different ways.  

I think that must be an issue with the app trying to locate the 2 devices that are in the other location, and therefore not getting around to finding the 2 that are present.  

On a secondary note, I've tried to rename the one device that has connected, but that doesn’t seem to stick either, so I am wondering if there is an issue with the iOS app sending data to the device.

Thanks again.

Hi Jus1973,

Thank you for your update regarding this,

What I would next recommend is ensuring that your SoundTouch app is up to date with the latest software and also rebooting your iPad. 

Following this I would factory reset your speaker. 

This reset erases all settings and returns your product to its default out-of-box state. Once reset, open the SoundTouch app to reconfigure your product.

• Power on your product
  • On the top of your product, press and hold the 1 and Volume - buttons for 10 seconds until the lights on the front of the product blink white
  • Wait while the system resets. While resetting, the lights blink left to right several times, then the Wi-Fi light glows solid amber when complete.

Please let us know if this provides any improvements. 

Tegan M 

Jus1973
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

Hi Tegan,

Thanks for continuing to support me.  When you try to add a new speaker, or reconnect, the iOS app automatically checks for updates, and forces them before you continue.  I also did a manual check before starting the process first time round.

I did try this process with one of the soundtouch speakers, and this is the one that i now cannot connect to in any fashion.  

What concerns me is that i have followed the same steps for each speaker, but had 3 different results.  I notice that each speaker needed a firmware update, which they all did. I wonder if this is where the issue lies, and that the firmware is somehow corrupted?  

I will be returning to the other location by the 20th so if I cant get the ‘dead’ one working, i will take it back and see if i can get my computer to get it working.

thanks

Hello Jus1973, 

Many thanks for getting back to us. 

While corruption is very unlikely, you can attempt to update the firmware of the product manually [LINK] in the hopes it will resolve the issue. 

I'd be interested to hear how you get on so do please feel free to write back if you have any success with this! I also welcome any other members of the community to discuss this if you have had similar issues and have had success via alternative means of troubleshooting. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Craig2
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

Hi  

I seem to have simialr issue as listed in this thread. I can resolve that my speakers are not found on wireless. And listen to the system as expected.

However when I come back an another time and try to turn things and and listent again then i get the ame error agai "Speakers not found on wireless". It is like the settings and work I do fix things but only as long as everything remains on and is being used.

Any ideas?

C

Jus1973
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

Hi Craig.

as yet I’ve not managed to find a solution that works.  I now have one fully functioning speaker and two which now show a white light on the wireless indicator, but solid amber on the soundtouch indicator, and both them, and the iPad I’m using will sit there forever like that.  

Im going to take them to my other residence and see if I can use my computer to add them back to my other network first, before retrying them back in the second location.

its all been rather frustrating.