Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

Speakers not linking through Wi-Fi

Hi,

I have three Soundtouch 10 speakers in my home (based in the UK) which I link through the Soundtouch app to play music through all three at the same time. 

I recently changed my internet provider and with that came a new setup (modem Draytek Vigor), Cisco Meraki MX64, MS220-8P, MR33. 

I have the Wi-Fi network up and running but I cannot get any of the speaker to connect to the network. I can still listen to music individually through each speaker via Bluetooth but cannot link all three, very frustrating! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Speakers not linking through Wi-Fi

Author Accepted Answer selected by daveviv44

Thanks for confirming this Daveviv44, 

Can you please attempt the steps that @rickatk has kindly suggested above to see if the same issue persists? 

Thanks 😊.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Hello daveviv44,

Thanks for reaching out. 

I would recommend resetting your SoundTouch 10 speakers, then set them up as new devices via the SoundTouch app. 

To reset, please power the speakers on, then press and hold Preset 1 and Vol- together on the top of the speaker for around 10 seconds. The LEDs on the front of the speaker will blink. Let go of the buttons. The LEDs will then pulse from left to right and back for a few minutes. When the speaker is ready to set up, you will see a static orange LED.

You can then go through the setup process on the SoundTouch app. 

Please let me know how you get on!

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

Hi Jeff_G,

Thanks for your response. I have tried this with all 3 of my speakers and this, unfortunately, hasn't worked. 

Once I have reset the speaker I go back into the app to set it up as a new device, I set it up via Wi-Fi. At first, the Bose network doesn't appear in my Wi-Fi networks, I then use setup mode, select the correct speaker type and prepare to connect by pressing 2 and volume -. I then discover the Bose network and attempt to connect to this. Once I go back into the Bose app I add the password for my home Wi-Fi network and it attempts to connect. It does this for a few minutes and then says it has failed to connect leaving a solid white light on my speaker's network LED.

I have tried this on all speakers with various iOS devices. 

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi Daveviv44, 

A white LED would indicate that it has connected to the network. 

Has your computer/smartphone connected to more than one WiFi network? Sometimes the setup can appear to fail because once the device jumps from the SoundTouch network (let out by the speaker) back to your network, your speaker may now be connected to (lets call it) Network A, but your device has automatically connected to Network B, so the app cannot see the speaker. 

Please check your device's settings, and if you have connected to multiple networks in your home, please disconnect any unneccessary networks to prevent the device from auto-joining.

If you continue to have issues, you can perform a tethered setup on a computer using a Micro USB cable. PC based setup instructions can be found here.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

Hi, 

I only have one network at home so I don't think this is the case.

I have a Macbook Pro, The Soundtouch app won't install for iOSX. When I try to download the app I ge this message.

“SoundTouch-osx-installer” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

Thanks.

Highlighted

When you go to open the app, right-click the installer, hold the CTRL button, then click open, you should then see an option to open the installer. 

Thanks.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

Hi, 

I have successfully downloaded the app onto my MacBook and attempted to connect my speaker to the network. 

Unfortunately, it is saying the computer cannot connect to the speaker. It thinks this is a firewall issue but I have no internal firewalls set up in the network.

Any suggestions?

Highlighted

Have you tried disabling the Mac's built-in firewall during setup? You can do this by going to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall. Then turn this off. 

Further to this, not all micro USB cable are created equally some cables only carry wires for charging and not data. If the speaker isn't detected by the system, you may need to try another cable. 

Thanks.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

Hi,

There is no Firewall setup on the MacBook. I have tried the connection again with a new cable but no change.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi Daveviv44, 

Do you have a firewall set up on your router? 

I would recommend temporarily disabling the firewall to test. This will give us an idea of the issue is in your router set up.

Let me know!