Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Speakers update now issues

After Speaker update, Speakers will not work Spotify They work with everything else but Spotify ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

Re: Speakers update now issues

Author Accepted Answer selected by Seriously

Hi, Im having exactly the same issue for a few weeks now, did anyone found a solution?

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Specifically the SoundTouch App not working Spotify, SoundTouch App works with Pandora and TuneIn unable to connect to Spotify 

Highlighted

Hello Seriously, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to hear that you are having this experience, let's look into this further for you. 

Can you please confirm which SoundTouch speakers you have, as well as if you have tested this with another mobile device? 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

SoundTouch 10 have tried on iPhone, and tablet came on last evening, now today Spotify not working 

Highlighted

Hello Seriously,

Thank you for providing that update. 

When trying to use Spotify, does it let us choose music to try and play but not play it? Or is it not letting us access the Spotify library on the SoundTouch app?

I would recommend we start by power cycling the speaker by disconnecting the power for 1 minute, before reconnecting and testing again.

If that does not help, as the only service that seems to be affected currently is Spotify, we would want to try removing and re-adding your Spotify account to the SoundTouch app. To do this we want to go to Menu > Settings > Music Services > Spotify > Your Account > Remove Account.

Once the account is removed, we can reselect Spotify from the Music Services menu, then 'Add Account' to reconnect it to SoundTouch.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Keith L

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Hey Keith,

I’m able to see library select song, playlist etc. Once I do that, it seems to time out and nothing happens I did remove and add back Spotify but No Dice same issue but I am able to use it from time to time sometimes it works this morning then not this afternoon no rhyme to it

Highlighted

Hey Seriously,

Thank you for trying that.

It is strange that it seems to be intermittently unavailable to us. When we try and play from Spotify, does it give us any error codes? Or does it just not start playing the music?

What we should try next is removing and re-adding the speaker to the SoundTouch account. To do this we would want to go to Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings > [Your SoundTouch 10] > Remove Speaker.

Once we have removed the speaker, we want to go to 'Add or Reconnect Speaker' and select 'Speaker Already Connected to Network' from the options available. It should then find the SoundTouch 10 and give us the option to Setup. 

If we are still having trouble after trying this, we should power cycle the router, by disconnecting the power for 1 minute, before reconnecting and testing again once it has rebooted.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

I tried all that and keeps giving trouble. It is just with spotify. No erro mr code just wont play.

thanks

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 26, 2020

I have been having the same issue for the last several weeks.  Pandora and Sirius XM work, but Spotify does nothing after a song is selected.  I have added and removed Spotify and power cycled my router.  I have tried on both Android and Apple devices. Occasionally I get an error "Hmm that didn't work. Try again" code 3403.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Seriously

Hi, Im having exactly the same issue for a few weeks now, did anyone found a solution?

View solution in original post