ajpeebles
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 15, 2018

Spotify Premium Can't Play on Alexa Voice Command on SoundTouch 300 Soundbar

I noticed last night that my Amazon Echo won't play music on Spotify on my SoundTouch 300 soundbar.  I pay for the Premium account and it's the default music service in my Alexa app and I can play it through the SoundTouch app, but when I use the voice command it says it can't play from Spotify on that device.  This was working within the last week or so but noticed last night it was playing Amazon Music instead. 

I have unplugged the soundbar, I have unplugged the Echo, I have unplugged the router etc.  Everything has been unplugged but the voice command to play on Spotify on the SoundTouch 300 soundbar does not work.

Can't tell if this is an Amazon issue, a Spotify issue, or a Bose issue...

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Spotify Premium Can't Play on Alexa Voice Command on SoundTouch 300 Soundbar

Hello ajpeebles, 

Thank you for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues accessing Spotify Premium on your SoundTouch 300. 

If you haven't already, can I suggest removing the Alexa Skill for SoundTouch, then attempt to re-add it. Please also try to remove Spotify from your Alexa account, and re-add it. 

Finally, I understand you mentioned you have a Premium Subscription for Spotify, but I would recommend ensuring this subscription is still active.

I'll look forward to your response. If anyone else is having similar issues or has found an alternative solution, please feel free to join in the discussion!

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community support

ajpeebles
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 15, 2018

Re: Spotify Premium Can't Play on Alexa Voice Command on SoundTouch 300 Soundbar

Hi,

I removed the Bose skill and re-added it and that didnt work.  I also unlinked my Spotify Premium account (it is still active) and re-linked it but still nothing.  Alexa still says she can't play from Spotify on that device..

Thanks.

Hi Ajpeebles, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I am sorry to hear that your issue still persists! 

Can you please attempt to use Alexa directly on the speaker rather than through the Amazon Echo to see if you are able to do this? I would also recommend reaching out to Amazon support to see if they are aware of any issues like this at this moment in time. 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B

asquar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 18, 2019

I am having the exact same issue, I can’t say, “Alexa, play music” and my Bose Soundtouch devices play the music. I can through my Bose Soundtouch app but often get the error code (1315). 

The only one that does work is Amazon Music. All I want to do is say, “Alexa, play music” and it picks a Spotify playlist that plays on my Bose speaker - why is that not possible? We really need this fixed, O don’t want to be forced to use Amazon Music.

asquar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 18, 2019

I came across this post; https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Bose-SoundTouch-Smart-Home-Skill-Update-July-8-201...

The table shows no “x” in the Spotify column at all, which to me says there is no possibility of it working. Is that the case? If so, why? And what plans, if any, do Bose have for Spotify-Alexa-Soundtouch integration?

Hi asquar, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this! 

This will be the reason why you aren't able to play Spotify via the voice command. We don't currently have any information on when we can expect to see this added at this moment in time, however we will be sure to update the community as soon as we know more. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

asquar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 18, 2019

That’s really frustrating - why wouldn’t Bose/Spotify/Alexa integration be up there as a priority or on the backlog?

How can we get it onto the backlog? Or get this moving?