Highlighted
Suresh Kumar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Spotify free on soundtouch

I try to add Spotify free on soundtouch music services but looking for premium.

I noticed on your announcement spotify free will work on soundtouch from 19th nov.

12 REPLIES 12
Suresh Kumar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Re: Spotify free on soundtouch

Hi, 

Awaiting for your response on it 

XxGhostxX
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 5, 2019

is your firmware on 23.0.10 yet?

If not you have to wait till it is rolled out to you.

(it's not be available for everybody now)

Suresh Kumar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Hey, 

Thanks for you response. Ofcourse not 23.0.10 but as per their announcement Spotify free work on soundtouch wef 19 Nov 2019. 

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

After you run the 23.0.12 update download the Spotify app and follow these instructions:

https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/bose/

You can’t add the free version of Spotify as a built in music service on your SoundTouch speaker. The free version can only be tethered to your speaker. The premium version can be added as a built in music service. 

Suresh Kumar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Hi, 

Yes, it is working but as you mentioned I cant add on sound touch app.  Is it because of streaming quality?  What difference using premium vs free on soundtouch. can you please update me on this decide further on subscribe.

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Suresh Kumar wrote:

Hi, 

Yes, it is working but as you mentioned I cant add on sound touch app.  Is it because of streaming quality?  What difference using premium vs free on soundtouch. can you please update me on this decide further on subscribe.

I believe this feature is a way for Spotify to extend it’s reach to more speaker hardware platforms. Apple is doing the same thing with Airplay. This Spotify release makes me think now more than ever, Airplay (to tether your iOS or macOS device to SoundTouch) is around the corner. Apple Music, as a music service, on Sound Touch might be a stretch, but you never know!

AdamKeegan55
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

You can try Musconvtool. Transfer your tracks and playlists to Apple Music, Spotify, Google Music and more for free with MusConv tool

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Suresh Kumar wrote:

Hi, 

@Suresh Kumar 

The free Spotify version works only through your macOS and iOS device effectively tethering to your SoundTouch and Smart speaker gear. The streaming quality is lower. I believe this offering is a Spotify marketing strategy designed to lure more users to their paid product. The audio manufacturers are only happy to offer such a service. I am sure licensing was free. 

The Spotify premium service still remains as a paid subscription service for Bose gear. I gather there was a problem after the 23.0.10 update, that allowed for the free Spotify service, but caused a problem with existing Spotify premium accounts. I thought the free Spotify service web app was pretty cool though and makes me think that is how Airplay will work as well. Just speculation though.

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@AdamKeegan55 wrote:

You can try Musconvtool. Transfer your tracks and playlists to Apple Music, Spotify, Google Music and more for free with MusConv tool

This looks pretty interesting. When I was looking at the free Spotify offering I did like some of their canned playlists. I was wondering if there was a way to replicate those playlists to Apple Music. 

I notice this app is not free and is only available for macOS.