emnuss
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2019

Spotify having long loading times since latest update

Since the last two updates I noticed a significant change when listening to music through spotify. My Speaker is connected via WiFi as I currently have no possibility to use Ethernet. The connection is way better than needed, so I don't understand why the speaker has that long loading times. Most of the time it just loads and after a few minutes it seems to disconnect because I can't see or control anything in the Soundtouch app, neither on the Spotify Connect app. It gives me error 1046 quite often.

I had to put the sound quality to medium, because on high quality the sound stops every few minutes.

I restarted my router multiple times, as well as the soundtouch 30, but no success.

Please fix this annoying problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
emnuss
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2019

Re: Spotify having long loading times since latest update

Author Accepted Answer selected by emnuss

Since setting the WiFi channel from auto to manually and selecting a free one, the loading problem seems to be gone.

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello emnuss, 

Thanks for reaching out, I am very sorry that you are experiencing some delays with playing Spotify. 

We would love to look into this with you further. 

Can you please confirm for us the software version of your SoundTouch 30?

How long does this loading tend to last?

Please let us know. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support

emnuss
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2019

Hello Tegan_M,

according to my SoundTouch app my SoundTouch 30 has Software Version 23.0.12 installed.

As already said, the loading times began occuring since the last two times i updated, which was somewhere in November i guess and the latest update I got last week.

It's really annoying, the music just stops for 2-5 seconds, and most of the time it keeps playing until the next interruption. But sometimes it completely stops playing and then I have to powercycle the Soundtouch because it seems to lose WiFi connection. I also can't find the Soundtouch in Spotify Connect until i powercycled it.

On the display of the Soundtouch everything seems fine. The WiFi symbol is in solid white all the time, as it should be.

I solved it temporarily by plugging in an external router to the Soundtouch's ethernet port, that just connects to my WiFi. The router 'replacing' the Speakers WiFi card is placed right next to it, and I can play with best quality and without interruptions.

Kind regards,

emnuss

Hello emnuss,

Thanks for getting back to us and providing further detail. 

As you have stated that using an ethernet connection has resolved the issue, It sounds like the issue is between the Wi-Fi and the speaker. 

If possible, could you please take a look at your router settings? Here are our recommendations, it would be great if you could match them as close as possible.

UPnP - Enable

Multicast - Enable

IGMP - Enable

Wireless Isolation - Disable

IGMP Proxy - Disable

Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode - Mixed or B/G/N

Stealth mode - Disable

MAC Filtering/Access Control - Disable, or add the SoundTouch™ system’s MAC address to the allowed devices list

WPS - Disable

Wireless channel - Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended.

Security type – WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption.

WMM – Disable.

Once you have done this, please let me know if the issue persists.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

emnuss
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2019

All router settings are correctly set, the only thing I had to change was the fixed WIFi channel. I'll try it a few days and then I'll let you know if the problem is fixed. Thank you.

Another problem is the aux delay (about 1-2 seconds). People have already posted about this years ago, and it still hasn't been fixed. I can't use the AUX port for anything, it's COMPLETELY USELESS and Bose still hasn't fixed this, even though so many customers have complained about this. When will the update for this bug finally be released?

Hello emnuss,

Is this AUX delay in regards to audio/video? If so, what do you have the system connected to?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

emnuss
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2019

This problem is already known, you can read about it in countless posts reaching back to 2016. very dissapointing.

Yes it's audio video delay. the audio is delayed by 1-2 seconds. It doesn't mather which device it's connected to, the latency is always present.

emnuss
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by emnuss

Since setting the WiFi channel from auto to manually and selecting a free one, the loading problem seems to be gone.

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post