Silla
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

Spotify integration: misalignment genres present in application vs. SoundTouch app - genre Wellness

User consults genres in the Soundtouch app and selects Wellness. There are no sub categories nor playlists available. 

When users launches Spotify and selects in Genres Wellness: 8 subcategories are available. In each subcategories multiple playlists are listed.

There is a misalignment, request to unlock the categorie for use in the SoundTouch interface.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Spotify integration: misalignment genres present in application vs. SoundTouch app - genre We...

Hello Silla, 

Thank you for posting in the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that there are some errors within the Spotify section in the SoundTouch application. I have just checked this here and can confirm the same results. Therefore, I would love to get this raised to our development team. In order to do this, they will need as much information as possible. 

- Which SoundTouch speaker do you have? 

- The firmware of your speaker

- SoundTouch App version

- Device model/OS that you are using the SoundTouch app on

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Silla
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

Re: Spotify integration: misalignment genres present in application vs. SoundTouch app - genre We...

Charlotte,

Per your request my input:

Devices

1. Device iPhone - iOs 13.1.2 - version ST app 23.0.4
  2. Device iPad - iOs 13.1.2 - version ST app 23.0.4
  3. Device MacBook Air - Catalina 10.15 - version ST app 23.0.0

Speakers

1. SA-5 - software 22.0.3
  2. ST 20 - software 22.0.3
  3. Cinemate - software 22.0.3

On all devices/ST software same behaviour.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Fyi I'm using Spotify premium account as a workaround (in fact my primary music service = Apple music). When I bought these ST devices sales explicitly confirmed that Airplay 2 was in the pipeline for support by Bose (ST series - BT -  my devices). Can you provide an update on the A2 firmware update (timing). For 1y I'm paying now for 2 music services! This has/can never be the idea. I can't understand why there is no transparency on the status and timeline?

Brgds, Silla

Hi Silla,

Thank you so much for providing this information. I have gone ahead and forwarded this to our development team so that we can look at resolving this issue.

Regarding AirPlay 2, I am sorry but I am unable to provide an exact timescale. I can, however, confirm that this is still being worked on. I completely understand why this is not convenient for you and I thank you for your patience.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Silla
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

Spotify integration: misalignment genres present in application vs. SoundTouch app - genre We...

Charlotte,

Any update available?

Thx in advance for your feedback,

Brgds, Silla

Silla
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

New iOS app update, problem persists. Any update on timing?

Hello Silla,

My apologies for the delay! This is still currently being investigated and I will be sure to get back to you with any updates. 

Thanks for your patience.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi All,

I am pleased to be able to say that our engineers have now determined where the issue is occuring and now need to work with Spotify in order to resolve the problem.

We will of course keep you updated as soon as we hear anything else.

Thank you all for your patience.

All the best,

Anne S

Silla
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

Thx for the update looking forward to timetable for solution. 

Brgds, Silla 

Silla
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

Charlotte,

Any update available?

Thx in advance for your feedback,

Brgds, Silla