Highlighted
RossW
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

Spotify issue Bose 300

When I ask my Bose 300 smart speaker to play Spotify I get a message “sorry that device is offline.” I’ve linked Spotify in the Bose Music app and music plays from the app and presents; but voice commands don’t seem to work. I also can’t pause or skip tracks using my voice with Alexa. Thanks for any suggestions.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Spotify issue Bose 300

Hi RossW, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your speaker and Alexa and would love to assist you further. 

Firstly can you please test with another voice assistant to see if you are still unable to perform the steps you are attempting with Spotify? You can remove Alexa by opening the Bose Music App > Selecting the Home Speaker 300 > Settings > Voice Assistant > Remove account and then adding Google Assistant. 

I would also recommend that you perform a reset on your speaker, you can do this by turning off your product and disconnecting the power cord for 30 seconds.

Please update me on the result of these steps and if any other users are having a similar issue please do let me know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support