Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Spotify premium volume control Bose soundtouch group does not function.

@bose Is spotify premium able to control the group volume of my Bose speakers, or can it only adjust the volume of the group main speaker ? 

If I turn up the volume of my kitchen group in Spotify premium only the volume bar of my kitchen speaker increases and the front and soundbar do not. My multiroom volume than is not " roomfilling " but I only hear the mainspeaker of the group in this case. 

I tried all three speakers as main speaker and each time the issue comes back on the mainspeaker of the group.

Using mute on the Spotify app only mutes the main speaker both other speakers keep playing the music.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Re: Spotify premium volume control Bose soundtouch group does not function.

Author Accepted Answer selected by Rob Vanderbroeck

Hi Zoe and everyone who was reading this topis.

I just deinstalled the Spotify app on my I Mac and installed it back, and guess what.....it works again. I now can open the app en choose one off my speakers and they turn on an play the content I selected in Spotify.

@Zoe_C  off course it would be a great boost for the multiroom product if the group volume would respond on the increase or decrease of Spotify and not only the mail speaker. The same bug is not responding of the group volume of the main speaker volume buttons or remote control volume. The preset buttons of the main speaker do imply a change on all group speakers, so I think it should not be a problem to change that. 

I will close this topic, and please ask the development team if they can imply this.

Rgeards,

Rob

8 REPLIES 8

Hello Rob Vanderbroeck,

Thanks for posting in the community! When using the Spotify Connect or Bluetooth with the SoundTouch group speakers, the volume control will only control the primary speaker. If you want to control the grouped speakers volume, then you would need to use the SoundTouch app.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Have a great day😊

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Hi Zoe,

Spotify seems to be connected to the group, should it not be a feature to in or decrease group volume on a system that claims to be multi-room ?

Regards,

Rob

Hello, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the volume on your group still. You will only be able to control the volume of all the speakers in the group when using Spotify in the SoundTouch app. Are you having issues controlling the volume of all the speakers in the group within the SoundTouch app? 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Hi Zoe,

No I do not have problems controlling my individiual speakers and group with the Bose ST app. What I do not understand is that Spotify premium ( which I only used to set up my ST speakers ) sees every individual ST speaker and group but can not connect to the speaker and that the volume.  Only the ST app seems to be able to control the speakers.

I always tought that the reason to pay for Spotify premium was to control the speaker. I have tested internet radios with the spotify premium app and I could play music remote to that speaker, but Bose ST seems to reject that control by another app. Looks a lot like the problem Alexa has rightnow to reach the ST control skill.

Hello,

Thanks for getting in touch, you will only be able to control the speakers as a group when you are in the SoundTouch app. When you are using the Spotify app the audio content is being played on the main speaker and then broadcasted to the other speakers, meaning on the main speaker's volume can be controlled. I will forward the request to have volume controlled by the Spotify app too. 

I hope this helps, should you need anything else please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

@Zoe_C wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for getting in touch, you will only be able to control the speakers as a group when you are in the SoundTouch app. When you are using the Spotify app the audio content is being played on the main speaker and then broadcasted to the other speakers, meaning on the main speaker's volume can be controlled. I will forward the request to have volume controlled by the Spotify app too. 

I hope this helps, should you need anything else please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Ok I will refrais my question.

Last week my spotify premium account was connected to my kitchen group an d I only could change the volume of the main speaker. Last week I also received a PM from your development team to check settings in my router and I changed 3 options.

Now and yesterday I noticed that the only way for me to play Spotify music on my ST is by using the soundtouch app. The Spotify app itself does see my group or my individual ST speakers but cannot connect to them anymore, I only see this on the display of my main speaker 2019-06-20 13.09.09.jpg

So right now Alexa is not able to control the ST speakers but also Premium Spotify can not control the ST speakers anymore. So please do not forward any request but tell them there is a problem and it would we very kind is they would fix it.

Regards,

Rob

ps are there more users which noticed that they can not connect anymore from there Spotify premium accont ?

last minute update !!!!!

I just start playing Spotify content using the ST app ( I put a playlist in preset 6 ) and when I close and reopen the Spotify app it is connected to my ST group and I can control the mainspeaker volume, so the changes I made on behalve of your development team did not cause this, but I can not connect from Spotify to the ST speakers. In fact I will try this at a friend off mine this afternoon and will report his test.

Highlighted
Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Hi Zoe,

I tested Spotify premium app on a phone at a friends house he has a Bose ST 30 and he could play from his mobile phone straight on to his speaker. It worked, I did a test with the Spotify App on my I mac and it didn't work...now I did on my mobile phone and it also works. Seems that the problem is only with Spotify on a I Mac. 

Is this logical to anyone ? 

Regards, 

Rob

Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by Rob Vanderbroeck

Hi Zoe and everyone who was reading this topis.

I just deinstalled the Spotify app on my I Mac and installed it back, and guess what.....it works again. I now can open the app en choose one off my speakers and they turn on an play the content I selected in Spotify.

@Zoe_C  off course it would be a great boost for the multiroom product if the group volume would respond on the increase or decrease of Spotify and not only the mail speaker. The same bug is not responding of the group volume of the main speaker volume buttons or remote control volume. The preset buttons of the main speaker do imply a change on all group speakers, so I think it should not be a problem to change that. 

I will close this topic, and please ask the development team if they can imply this.

Rgeards,

Rob