Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

Subwoofer or surround speakers?

I'm looking for recommdations from experienced owners.

Which is a more effective addition to SoundTouch 300:

Subwoofer: Bass module 700.

Surround speakers: Surround speakers 700.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Apr 10, 2017

Re: Subwoofer or surround speakers?

Author Accepted Answer selected by ahmad.shami

I also own them all.  I always recommend that people buy the surround speakers first. They indeed make the bigger difference. Just be sure to re-run AdaptIQ once they are installed. Also, keep in mind that the Sound Bar is a rear ported speaker. So, the Bass gets better with close wall proximity. I found the sound to be the best just about 1.5 inches feom the wall. Finally, I still recommend that people get the bass module eventually. It is very clean and tight bass.  The sound from the SoundBar also I provers when thebass module is connected. The mids gain clarity and the highs gain a little brightness. I assume it is because the sound bar can focus on the mids and highs while letting the Bass module take care of the lows. Finally thought... the Surround Speakers and the Bass Module 700 are the same products as the Virtually Invisible 300 and the Acoustimass 300. They were just rebranded when the Sound Bar 700 came out. So, you might be able to find the older models cheaper on other retail sites. Hope this helps!  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 28, 2017

Hi, I have the ST300 and have the 500 bass module and the VI300 surround speakers. Out of the two I would have to say the surround speakers are definitely the better of the two upgrades. Hope this helps!

Regards.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Apr 10, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by ahmad.shami

I also own them all.  I always recommend that people buy the surround speakers first. They indeed make the bigger difference. Just be sure to re-run AdaptIQ once they are installed. Also, keep in mind that the Sound Bar is a rear ported speaker. So, the Bass gets better with close wall proximity. I found the sound to be the best just about 1.5 inches feom the wall. Finally, I still recommend that people get the bass module eventually. It is very clean and tight bass.  The sound from the SoundBar also I provers when thebass module is connected. The mids gain clarity and the highs gain a little brightness. I assume it is because the sound bar can focus on the mids and highs while letting the Bass module take care of the lows. Finally thought... the Surround Speakers and the Bass Module 700 are the same products as the Virtually Invisible 300 and the Acoustimass 300. They were just rebranded when the Sound Bar 700 came out. So, you might be able to find the older models cheaper on other retail sites. Hope this helps!  

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 22, 2019

Did you buy the surround speakers. Are they a good add on? I have heard that they are hardly audible and you need to crank them up. Whats your experience on those. I have always had difficult with Adpatiq with subwoofer. I am not sure how good are the surrounds.