Kinder
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2019

Surround speakers isssue with SB 700 and Bass Module

Hi everyone,

I'm having sound issues with my recently purchased surround speakers.

I was very happy with my SB700 + Bass Module and wanted something more immersive so i bought these speakers.

The thing is that there's almost no sound from it, and it's cracking. I tried with music directly from the Bose Music app, even when I increase the speakers value to 100 from the app, it's very low, and I only hear high pitched sounds. There's no low frequency sound at all from the speakers. Is it normal ?

As for movies, I have a LG OLED C8 connected to the soundbar via HDMI and I tried some action films like Guardians of the Galaxy 2 yesterday, and I'm still looking for the immersive feeling ! I have double checked that the input signal was in dolby digital, I can hear sound from the rear speakers, but same as for the music, only high pitched sound, it's cracking, and very very low ! I have to put my ear on the speakers !

I have done the ADAPTIQ setup multiple times but with no help.

I'm very disappointed and would like to find a solution before considering sending them back.

Are there some settings I can try?

Could they be faulty?

Thanks

Sébastien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
BrianJP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

Re: Surround speakers isssue with SB 700 and Bass Module

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kinder
I had this problem and there were 2 solutions that worked.
If you have DTS neo 2.5 sound output on your TV switch to this if not in the music app change the centre channel level to below zero, -10 is enough. Also in my case surround speakers were ok when playing audio from internet or bluetooth source.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
BrianJP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kinder
I had this problem and there were 2 solutions that worked.
If you have DTS neo 2.5 sound output on your TV switch to this if not in the music app change the centre channel level to below zero, -10 is enough. Also in my case surround speakers were ok when playing audio from internet or bluetooth source.
Kinder
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2019

Hello Brian,

Thanks for you reply.

I don't think I have any DTS neo 2.5 on my TV but I'll double check tonight when back home.

As for the setting of the center channel, I've just read another topic where you replied the same thing, and that had fixed this issue. I'll definitely give it a try !!

I'll let you know ! Thanks again.

Sébastien

Kinder
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2019

Hello Brian,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. 

I set the center chanel to -10 and yes, there's sound from the rear speakers !

I tried some music from Deezer using the Bose Music app and the difference is huge. It's really immersive now.

Haven't watched a movie with this configuration yet, but I'm watching Thor Ragnarok and Avengers Infinity War soon, I hope this will be great !

As for DTS neo 2.5, no setting like that on my TV, but it was set to Dolby Digital anyway.

Thanks a lot for your help !
Sebastien