mbloof
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2020

Thanks Bose, you've killed my speakers YET AGAIN!!

So here I was happily listening to my Soundtouch 10 pair and I wished to watch TV instead, sure no problem I open up the soundtouch app and THERE IS A FORCED FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR MY PERFECTLY GOOD/WORKING SPEAKERS!!  No choice in the application to just turn them off (like I was going to do) so click on the download that seems to take forever and while it is happening THE SOUNDTOUCH APPLICATION WANTS TO UPDATE ITSELF AT THE SAME TIME! Eventually, I could not ignore this one as well.

So after getting the new Soundtouch application installed it just sits there looking for my speakers.

Worked perfectly to not working at all.

Gee, thanks Bose.

Grrrrrrrrr.

4 REPLIES 4
Russell12345
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

Re: Thanks Bose, you've killed my speakers YET AGAIN!!

I feel your pain! Bose are destroying decent hardware with absolutely terrible firmware/software. It doesn't seem to get better as time moves on with some things fixed but new bugs introduced. Back to the drawing board for Bose I think before they lose more customers.

Vicky_W

Hey @mbloof and @Russell12345

I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues connecting your SoundTouch 10 to your SoundTouch app. There are some great steps on this thread here to get this resolved. 

If the issue still persists, can you please try the following: 

Let me know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
mbloof
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2020

I'm sorry but you (Bose) just does not get it.

NO OTHER APPLIANCE I own forces you to "update" it and when done also forces you to jump through hoops to get it working like it did before being forced to update.

Good choices are:

1. Make the updates purely optional

2. Make the update purely seemless to the user

or

Don't issue forced updates at all!

mbloof
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2020

Its almost like the Bose people think to themselves "here, lets force our customers to waste 30-60min of their time instead of simply enjoying use of our product".

Over the years I can't count how many times Bose has forced an update which killed my speakers and required me to jump through diagnostic hoops to get working again.

Time is money. Bose stop wasting mine!

Grrrr.