Highlighted
mcnuts
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2019

TuneIn Error 3103 BBC 6music via SoundTouch App

Hi folks
I am getting a 3103 error trying to stream BBC 6music via Bose SoundTouch App. I can stream 6music via TuneIn on my phone and tablet etc. and can stream other stations like BBC World Service on my Bose via SoundTouch App.

I reset my router and logged out of the bose app on my phone, logged back in with no luck, what next? Hard reset?

I am located in Ontario, Canada and listening on a Sound Touch 30.

Any Help appreciated!
35 REPLIES 35

Re: TuneIn Error 3103 BBC 6music via SoundTouch App

Hi Mcnuts, 

Thanks for your post and thank you for performing those troubleshooting steps. I would love to assist you further with this issue. 

Firstly, Could you please confirm if other radio stations work or do is this issue across all stations? I would recommend removing the system from your SoundTouch Account and then re-adding it. This can be done via Settings > Speaker Settings > Remove Speaker. Then reconnect the speaker to the account. 

Please update us on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support

mcnuts
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2019

THanks for your reply. FYI, other stations work, just not BBC 6 Music.

I disconnected the speaker and am now having issues readding it. It says I need help, press 5 & 2 to enter "Set Up Mode", I can then see an orage wifi signal on the unit. Once I enter this set up mode, the app on my phone hangs and says "please wait" with no resolution....

Hi Mcnuts, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this.

Please delete the SoundTouch Application and redownload it. The Amber LED means that the speaker is in alternate set up mode, to set the speaker up this way please follow these steps: 

• Disconnect any USB cable or Ethernet cable connected to the system
  • On the system, press and hold 2 and Volume - for approximately 5 seconds. "Hold for setup" will appear on the display and a countdown from 5 will begin. 
  • Continue holding down the buttons until the Wi-Fi indicator is solid amber. This indicates the system has entered the alternate setup mode and is broadcasting its own Wi-Fi network.
  • On your mobile device or Wi-Fi enabled computer, go to the Wi-Fi settings and select Bose SoundTouch Wi-Fi Network. 
  • Open a browser on your mobile device or Wi-Fi-enabled computer and type "192.0.2.1" in the address bar. This will open a webpage hosted by the SoundTouch system.
  • Select the network you would like to connect to in the drop-down list to the right of the Wi-Fi icon. If this is a secured network, enter the password. Note: the password field does not hide the password.
  • Once a connection is established, reboot the system
  • Launch the SoundTouch app and select "System Already Connected to Network"

Please update me on the result of this. 

Hector B  

mcnuts
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Thanks Hector, I managed to login via the speaker's wifi, add my home wifi and then get the app working.

I still have the same problem. The specific radio staton BBC 6 Music gets an error 3103.  On the until there is a loading wheel, while on the App it displays the show currently on air and tries to load then craps out with the error.

I have been listening to the station daily for 8months on the device with no issue. As noted above, it can still be streamed online, via the TuneIn app outside of SoundTouch etc.. Perhaps it is a coding issue?

Hi Mcnuts, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

I have just tested this radio station myself here in the UK and the radio station played fine on my speaker. I would recommend checking out this thread here on how to add custom URLs

The URL for the station you are looking for is here.

I hope this helps, 

Hector B 

mcnuts
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Thanks for this. For the link you shared I get the same error on Bose 😞  and, in browser, I get "The source you requested could not be found".

Super super odd.

Do you think I should try a factor reset?

Hi Mcnuts, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. This is a very strange issue! 

Before we proceed with a factory reset, do you have any other Bose speakers that you can test this radio station on? 

Thanks, 

Hector B 

mcnuts
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2019

As a follow-up, I did a full factory reset, uninstalled the apps and even created a new Bose account  that I signed in to and none of this worked andit didnt.

Note, while i can access BBC Wolrd Service on Bose SoundTouch, I am having issues with BBC1, Radio 4 (BBC) and BBC 5 Live too. They are all generating the same error. 

They all work on TuneIn outside of Sound Touch

Hi Mcnuts, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. I am very sorry to hear that your issue still persists. 

Please can you unplug your router from power for 5 minutes and allow the router to fully reboot. Once this has been done I highly recommend that you have your router settings set to the following: 

1. UPnP: Enable
  2. Multicast: Enable
  3. IGMP: Enable
  4. Wireless Isolation: Disable
  5. IGMP Proxy: Disable
  6. Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode: Mixed or B/G/N
  7. Stealth mode: Disable
  8. MAC Filtering/Access Control: Disable, or add the Bose system MAC address to the allowed devices list
  9. WPS: Disable

Kind Regards, 

Hector B