Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stuka
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 2, 2016

Tune in stations blocked from UK

Well that's it ruined now... I lost all my favourite international stations from my 2 SoundTouch speakers.

I've read that BBC stations were being pulled too, but as of today that is not true yet. If it does happen then the speakers will become totally worthless.

I remember the complaints when Bose first moved to Tune in... now perhaps they will see that it was a bad move.

Bose please stop spending money on Lewis Hamilton and fix your premium priced products.

Hackz
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2020

WBGO

Hi been happily listening to Wbgo on soundtouch 20 but now the device says the station is  not available and I cannot find the station within tune in. Am i missing something here or can the station no longer be accessed. If so why ? Thanks

Norwaaaay
Participant
Registered since

Sep 21, 2020

Re: Tune-In Blocked In The Uk

Apparently Tunein was sued by Sony for "distributing music illegally" and lost the case in the UK High Court, hence Tunein now only offers UK stations for UK listeners. I'm equally frustrated as 5 of my 6 favourites on my Soundtouch systems were non-UK so please BOSE can you find an alternative solution asap! I've equally found the Radioplayer option useless and Amazon Music doesn't play live radio stations. 

Yermanoh
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2020

Re: TuneIn - Not Playing Oversees Radio Streams

Are Bose doing anything about this??

I have soundtouch 10 and 20 both at home and in my office and I spent most of my time streaming US radio stations via tunein. The Bose are now pretty useless. I have a marantz with Vtuner at home and it is 

Capable of playing the stations. Bose really need to do something in regards to this. 

mpc
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

As above,

BOSE, are you going to add another radio provider to the sound touch app?

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

If you are in the UK, TuneIn has blocked all international stations, but the following info should help you even if you are outside of the UK as Bose currently offers 3 ways to stream Internet Radio via SoundTouch:

1. TuneIn Radio (who are currently punishing their British customers)
    1. This does not only affect SoundTouch but everything in the UK that uses TuneIn.
    2. TuneIn is throwing a temper tantrum and obviously does not care about its business in the UK as it's a small market when compared to the US or EU. So UK users now cannot listen to International Radio Stations via TuneIn unless they change their minds. 

2. RadioPlayer 
    1. RadioPlayer has fewer stations than TuneIn, but it's worth searching there to see if it helps.

3. Custom URL Radio Streams
    1. To get the station you wish to listen to. Some places might be easy to find, others not so much. I am happy that this solution is given to us as it helps people get around geofencing like what TuneIn is doing currently. You could use an internet radio database like the ones I found here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, or here to help.

If options 1 & 2 don't work for you, use option 3.

Bose should add more services. That is unquestioned. After 7 years, only a handful of services have been added to this platform. Now that Bose has another family of streaming speakers, while it is possible that might happen, it is unlikely. 

keith1200rs
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

My post will probably get deleted again by Bose, but method 1 obviously doesn't work in the UK. 

Method 2 - RadioPlayer - is for UK stations and doesn't get access to overseas stations.

Method 3 has not been successful for me - I have not found one custom URL link using any of the links suggested.  The links you gave are fine if you want to listen to stations on a computer, but not on the Bose Soundtouch.

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@keith1200rs wrote:

Method 3 has not been successful for me - I have not found one custom URL link using any of the links suggested.  The links you gave are fine if you want to listen to stations on a computer, but not on the Bose Soundtouch.

In that case, Option 3 is the only one left to you. Maybe Bose can search for the station for you if you let them know what you're looking for? Make sure you tag the two admins who replied in this post to get their attention. 

ClickSte
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 31, 2018

Still nothing from Bose, and it’s been a few weeks now, and over the years still very few services added.

Yes there are workarounds like the custom URL’s but it’s just not good enough, they could add the old (and in my opinion far superior) Internet Radio service, Radio.net, vTuner, so many other services missing too - Apple Music, Tidal, Audible, Soundcloud, YouTube Music - really starting to wish I’d gone down the Sonos route in the first place before spending hundreds on Bose, love having the buttons and display that Sonos don’t have, and just wasn’t expecting a huge company like Bose to abandon the system in favour of a new app/ecosystem.

Martyn91674
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

Do bose give a dam I think not tunein not working in the UK what have they done   NOTHING AT All will not recommend bose produce and I am telling followers on twitter not to bother with bose as it dose not work in the UK