Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: TuneIn - Not Playing Oversees Radio Streams

@Martyn91674 wrote:

Do bose give a dam I think not tunein not working in the UK what have they done   NOTHING AT All will not recommend bose produce and I am telling followers on twitter not to bother with bose as it dose not work in the UK 

Sadly we have to be realistic. The UK is a small market compared to the EU or the USA. This is why TuneIn can afford to do what they did. SoundTouch is basically a discontinued system, so I do not expect Bose to add a new service just for the UK market. After all TuneIn's block only affects the UK.

I'm just happy that there is an option, even if it isn't the easiest to initially setup 🤷‍♂️

dawnieb5
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2017

So, we hear that Bose are 'actively investigating a solution', yet I see no update posted in the last two months.

Do you have anything to share on potential time line for resolution?

ClickSte
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 31, 2018

Are there any updates on this at all yet? It's been a few months now - Clearly TuneIn aren't going to be reversing any policies any time soon for those of us in the UK, so Bose need to either restore the previous Internet Radio service that was available, or add a new one - quite a few available including Radio.net that are already available via Sonos.

Yes Custom URL's are available, but this is a workaround not a solution, the main reason I purchased my several Soundtouch speakers was so that I could listen to stations from around the world - this is one of the key selling points! Bose have had a few months now to develop a situation yet there seems to be no movement whatsoever.

Martyn91674
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

I report this 6 months ago was fobbed of with we are looking in to IT... HAY IT STILL NOT WORKING. I live in the uk but like to listen to station from outside the uk  but as of last year we can not do this anymore because tunein lose a court case.

Would be nice for bose to update there system so we in the uk could listen to statuons outside the up again IN OTHER WORDS BOSE GET YOUR FINGER OUT AND DO SOMETHING 

Martyn91674
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

Looks like bose does not like use posting THIS (Please do not post duplicate messages in different areas of the community to avoid fragmenting DISCUSSION) think that means go away as we can't be bothers to do anything about it 

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@Martyn91674 wrote:

I report this 6 months ago was fobbed of with we are looking in to IT... HAY IT STILL NOT WORKING. I live in the uk but like to listen to station from outside the uk  but as of last year we can not do this anymore because tunein lose a court case.

Would be nice for bose to update there system so we in the uk could listen to statuons outside the up again IN OTHER WORDS BOSE GET YOUR FINGER OUT AND DO SOMETHING 

@Martyn91674 wrote:

Looks like bose does not like use posting THIS (Please do not post duplicate messages in different areas of the community to avoid fragmenting DISCUSSION) think that means go away as we can't be bothers to do anything about it 

SoundTouch has been discontinued and there is a working solution. You might not like those answers, but that is the reality. We all would rather Bose add new music services, but even before Bose announced it was discontinued that did not look likely. The UK is a tiny market compared to the USA with 320million people and the EU with 446million people. If this happened to either of those markets we probably would have already had another service added 🤷‍♂️