first
Participant
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

TuneIn Radio keeps cutting out

TuneIn Radio Service (free version)  keeps cutting out when I play MSNBC and CNN. This started happening about a month ago.I have a SoundTouch 30, am using the most recent software and access the station from the SoundTouch app on my Android phone. 

7 REPLIES 7
Andy_B
Community Manager

Re: TuneIn Radio keeps cutting out

Hi @first,

Sorry to hear about this. Would love to know some more information about what's happening. Do you use any other music services on your SoundTouch speaker such as Spotify, Amazon Music, or iHeartRadio? If so, do you experience similar issues? Similarly, does these dropouts occur on any other TuneIn radio stations? 

The more information that you can provide, including the environmental conditions, such as Wi-Fi network information, if possible, the better. 🙂 Have you attempted any troubleshooting so far, like resetting the internet router in your home?

Hoping to hear back soon.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
JFROBERTSON
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2020

I have this exact same issue.  Music stations work fine on TuneIn ... I use spotify and that never cuts out.

My  wife listens to msnbc and cnn ... tried tuning it via presets or the soundtouch app on my phone and they both cut out and eventually drops back to "select present" prompt.

JFROBERTSON
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2020

Did you ever figure out why Msnbc and cnn drop out on Soundtouch 30?   Very annoying!

Farawayman
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2015

I have 2x SoundTouch 20's and one SoundTouch 10.  They are in different rooms and configured as stand-alone units.  One is on ethernet and two are on WiFi.  On all three, I can stream BBC on TuneIn with no dropping of the stream.  However, CNN drops after 15-20 seconds.  Sometimes it comes back, or more often - it goes into time-out and there is just silence until I restart the channel (pre-selected channel) [and I have to listen to all the ads again] or the speaker goes to sleep and shuts down.

This is infuriating - (a.) it's not a SoundTouch configuration issue (i.e. same symptoms on three SoundTouch units) BBC stream is fine, CNN is not, (b.) its not WiFi or Ethernet specific - does the same in both cases; Im sure it's the TuneIn channel!!!  

Any idea how to fix this?  

• Do I need to open specific ports for the CNN stream (BBC is just fine)?  
  • There is a TuneIn "Buffer Before Playing" setting that controls how many seconds of audio are buffered before a stream is played. How do I set that on a SoundTouch?

Any advice would be appreciated!

LeslieL
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2020

I have exactly this problem with CBC Radio and TuneIn - paid version. BBC radio stations don't cut out. Neither does Spotify. CBC is okay on its Listen app broadcast through bluetooth. I change to CBC on Radioplayer and it works for a while, then it seems to switch back on its own to TuneIn and cuts out again. It's usually fine from 7 a.m. to about 3 p.m., then the problems start.

TedNelson
Participant
Registered since

Apr 13, 2021

I am having problems with on particular radio station cutting out.  CBC Radio One (from Winnipeg, Manitoba).  Very often it will pause very much like it is buffering.  I am using a hard wired internet connection on a very fast network.  My Bose device is a Wave Soundtouch.  The speaker is up to date as is the Android Bose app that I use to control it.  This does not happen with any other radio station of streaming channel that we access.

TedNelson
Participant
Registered since

Apr 13, 2021

Did you ever resolve this?