TuneIn is replacing Internet Radio!

SOLVED
Audible Advocate

Re: TuneIn is replacing Internet Radio!

Hello Tony_A

I am a frustrated user now because of a not-pretested update on my Bose Sound Touch 20 yesterday.

The Belgian VRT radio stations (Radio 1 and 2) are now playing with a delay of 15 miins.  This is unacceptable.  

I have to switch to using my windows computer to listen to the radio today.

Please sort this out with TuneIn ASAP.  Bose chose for the change to Tune In, Bose has to solve this problem. Or switch back to the previous provider if they cannot solve this.  

Quiet Contributor

This is an outrage! All my preset stations are gone and when I try to tune them in, onky error3104 shows. I think it’s time to sell my Bose and search gor a replace. What a customer support.
Animated Arbiter

Tuein's response is that they will not be adding New Zealand most popular radio station.

Animated Arbiter

What the hell is going on? I found my stations, but they now sound like I am hearing them over a cell phone. The 128Mbps PUBLIC DOMAIN streams that I listen to daily are suddenly a tin sounding overcompressed mess on TuneIn. When is the $9.95 per month TuneIn "upgrade" that allows me to listen to PUBLIC DOMAIN streams at the bit rate they are streamed at roll out Soundtouch team? This is an absolulte OUTRAGE. Are there any lawyers on here? This is actionable. This "upgade" is theft. 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter

Maybe Bose should provide existing users a free over the air tuner to connect to the AUX port so popular radio stations can to listened to, or a refund due to changes making Bose devices unsuitable for the purpose they were intended and advertised to do.

Forcing all your existing users to a service that's limited (or possibly only focused on there country), not adding new stations and on the market to be sold is no the way to grow your business, unless Bose is looking to discontinue the Soundtouch productline.

Bose advertising should include the warning that popular radio staions will not be available and most DLNA servers will not work.

The past $$$ spent on Bose are looking like the last.

Animated Arbiter

Before the moderator deletes this topic, be sure to go online and leave a review for Soundtouch products that states your objections: Bose Soundtouch is now locked into an arbitrary limited choice of streams that are of inferior quality to freely available content in your locality. Until this is remedied by adding the ability to directly stream a .pls, Bose Soundtouch is no longer a competitive product in its' market. 

tom
Audible Advocate

Hi,

Me too I'm wondering why internet radio option has disappeared. A popular local station I listened to is now unavailable.

At least give us the option to add our own streaming url's.

What's the latest official news from Bose on this topic?

Tom

Animated Arbiter

@tom wrote:

Hi,

Me too I'm wondering why internet radio option has disappeared. A popular local station I listened to is now unavailable.

At least give us the option to add our own streaming url's.

What's the latest official news from Bose on this topic?

Tom

I believe the official response from Bose is: silence. Which coincidentally is exactly what I get when I press the button for my favourite preset radio station now.

Friendly Fanatic

Bose, is this your idea of Customer support!

The silence from Bose on this forum is deafening !!

And on top of it, I just bought 2 extra ST10’s which are nog completly useless.

15 min delay on the streams? come on!

I suggest I return them to shop as they are not complying with the advertised feature set.

jcc
Friendly Fanatic

I downloaded TuneIn on my smart phone and listen my "favorite" french radio (France Inter) : the sound is bad (in french we said : le son est pourri)

There is no application for vTuner but you can listen your favorite radio station through an internet browser : the sound is very good.

Bose's strategy is inexplicable.