TuneIn is replacing Internet Radio!

SOLVED
Strident Supporter

TuneIn is replacing Internet Radio!

So I was presented with this message this morning.

Tell me More, what, when, why????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: TuneIn is replacing Internet Radio!

Hello All,

Thank you for all posts.

We have shifted to TuneIn as the primary source for our internet radio service on SoundTouch. While some of you may have seen our message in the SoundTouch app around Halloween noting the change was coming soon, we realize that for many this change was abrupt. For this we are sincerely sorry – you deserve a better experience than what we delivered.

While the move was not nearly as seamless as we would have hoped, we are still truly excited to celebrate TuneIn as our core provider of internet radio. TuneIn not only gives you access to over 100,000 stations, but also brings sports, news, talk, and millions of podcasts to the table. We’ve supported TuneIn as an integrated service for over a year now, and we’re confident you’re going to love them as a core part of the SoundTouch experience.

As for some housekeeping, if you are experiencing issues with internet radio service we encourage to you open the SoundTouch App to ensure your app and products are up to date with the latest software. If your product is not up to date, you should get a pop up notification prompting a software update when you launch the app.

Or if your presets are not working after the update, you can search for your station by going to TuneIn on Soundtouch and searching for your station by name to set a new preset.

In response to customer feedback on stream quality using TuneIn on SoundTouch, we have launched an update to address delays in playback and improve the overall stream quality for thousands of stations. This update should now be live on your SoundTouch devices.

There will be no SoundTouch application or system updates required.

You may need to close and re-open the app and stream if you don't notice an improvement.

If you're still experiencing any issues with a delay or audio quality, let us know.

If you're unable to locate your favorite station(s) in TuneIn, please leave a comment HERE with the station(s) details.

Thank you all for your continued patience and support.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

221 REPLIES

Hi QuilpieGuy

Thanks for writing in!

We've made the move to TuneIn because it has a very reliable and robust stream and should have the same content as Internet Radio from vTuner.  If you are having any troubles finding the stations you're looking for, I'd definitely recommend contacting TuneIn as they're very receptive to making changes.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Strident Supporter

So now I have to pay for a TuneIn subscription

Animated Arbiter

I think a tuneIn prescription is not necessary at least you cannot enter your account details! But some thing may change in the future.

I wonder why internet radio appears on the lock screen while tunein stations will not? I always have to enter a pin code to pause/restart! Would be nice to have this on the lock screen like internet radio stations or music that's playing from the nas.

Hi QuilpieGuy,

Thanks for the reply.

TuneIn does not require a subscription and is included in the SoundTouch application already.

If you have any other questions, let us know!

Best Regards,

Joel

Hello norbie3,

Thank you for the feedback.

I will pass this along to development for you. What type of mobile device are you currently using?

Best Regards,

Joel 

Animated Arbiter

It's a Samsung S8

best regards,
Norbert

Hi Norbert,

Thank you for the follow up information.

Have a good day!

Warm Regards,

Joel 

Animated Arbiter

That may be true tor now.  Hopefully they stay in business.   They have shut down new station submissions.  Kinda strange for a company know for Net Radio to stop accepting new submissions.  I am sure they must get thousands of suggestions a month to wade through, and many may not last long, but still.   This to me shows something is very wrong.

They have been trying to sell the company, and have made a big concession that they will take offers below $500 million......  Are the investors trying to cut costs and flee?

Friendly Fanatic

Dear Tony,

We are having issues with TuneIn in Belgium.

Two of our biggest networks are VRT and RTBF.

Every station of VRT currently has a delay of 15min, the stations of RTBF are unavailable on TuneIn. I would really really like to keep vTuner, get an additional other service or get the option to add own streaming urls. Multiple providers of radio stations are a must. My SoundTouch is otherwise basically useless, except for the Spotify integration.

Best regards, 

Wouter