Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 18, 2018

Tunein error 4501 on Soundtouch 20

When I try to play the Finnish radio station YLE Radio Vega Österbotten on my Soundtouch 20 I get error 4501, every time. Station Name and TuneIn-Logo appear on the app and the device but no sound ... and after a few seconds error 4501 appears. I have tried using another Wifi, restored the device to factory settings, set up the device again, installed the latest software updates etc without success. This problem has lasted continuously for the last 2 months. 

What could be the problem here? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Tunein error 4501 on Soundtouch 20

Hi JS81,

When you are trying to play this station, do you do so from a preset or the SoundTouch app itself?

Also, is this the only station that is giving you that error, or have you seen it with any others at all?

I have had a look into this station on my systems and it doesn't seem to be showing as available on TuneIn. This may be different in other regions but I am unable to access it from TuneIn. Can you try accessing the station from the TuneIn website or app and see if that is available for you on there? If not it may be that TuneIn no longer has this station available.

Let me know how that goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 18, 2018

I have tried to play it from both the preset and the soundtouch app, neither works. 

This is the only station that this occurs for. 

https://tunein.com/embed/player/s65047/ Here's a link to the station on TuneIn. It says there that "this station is currently not available". 

I had this same problem last spring, and nobody was able to fix it. Then after like three months it suddenly started to work by itself and has worked until two months ago. 

Highlighted

@JS81 If the station is not available on TuneIn then you will need to contact them directly as this is not something in our control.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!