UPDATED JUNE 12th - MASTER: Play All not working correctly after 19.x update

Audible Advocate

Re: MASTER: Play All not working correctly after 19.x update

Hallo,
muss mich hier leider auch der Gruppe anschließen. Mein System lief ein Jahr ohne Probleme. Seit dem letzten Update nur noch Enttäschung. Kein "play all"
Hoffe es tut sich bald etwas.
Wollte mir letzte Woche eigentlich den Soundtouch 30 kaufen.
Jetzt lasse ich es lieber.
Würde mich freuen bald mal etwas positives zu hören.

Hi MartinC and Mattyboy,

No information from the escalation team.  I'm in regular contact with them, so I'll update as soon as I hear something.  

@bigbomml :  I apologize, but I don't speak German.  If you are looking for troubleshooting steps you can check out the DE SoundTouch Community.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Audible Advocate

Re: Play all issue with 16.x

This problem is absurd. I doubt its just a "handful" of users experiencing this. I have stalked these boards for weeks in hopes for new solutions. Not everyone that has these issues has the time to spend writing about it. I have 5 speakers that will no longer play together. Useless. Additionally im so tired of the "not connected to the internet, please check your router" message. Please create a fix in an update soon! 

Re: Play all issue with 16.x

Hi trosec16,

Thanks for the post and I do apologize for the issues you're having.

Do you happen to know the brand and model of the wireless router that you're using?  This info, along with log files would help us immensely with resolving this issue.

Best,

Brandon

Audible Advocate

Further to my earlier post - I wanted to add that I am seeing variations of the same behavior others have reported here.  The primary device plays (SoundTouch 300), and the others show the white light (left most and right most on the SoundTouch 10's) - but no sound comes out.  Sometimes I can get two of the secondary SoundTouch 10's to play together - but not with the SoundTouch 300.

This whole thing is extremely frustrating - I'm on the cusp of buying the SoundTouch outdoor speaker system but am not prepared to make that expensive leap while the underlying software is struggling so much.

Strident Supporter

wrote:

Hi MartinC and Mattyboy,

No information from the escalation team.  I'm in regular contact with them, so I'll update as soon as I hear something.  

:  I apologize, but I don't speak German.  If you are looking for troubleshooting steps you can check out the DE SoundTouch Community.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Hi Brandon and thanks for your response,

I must say its most frustrating that you are unable for whatever reason to share any information with us you receive from the 'escalation team', its as though they are some sort of secret society sworn to secrecy!!. Surely they must tell you something, like yes we are near a fix, or, we really dont know what the problem is. Is it really that bad to share with us how they are progressing with the problem of "Play All"

Regards

Strident Supporter

+1

I just hope that other speakers manfucaturers are closely watching what is happening here and learning HOW NOT to communicate with it's customers...

Audible Advocate

Due to the latest update from Bose, one can assume that you are not close to a solution. I called my dealer where I bought my speakers a few months ago hoping to be able to return these. They want to send them in for repair, but we all know that it will not solve any problems...

The frustration is total, I'm so terribly disappointed with how this is managed and I obviously can't do anything about it. Clearly, we're going to find logs and troubleshoot Bose as if we bought a raspberry pi and got an aliexpress speaker setup our self. This is a premium brand, time to start acting like it.

Note to first line support; I know it's not your fault and that you can't really do anything about it. But I think it's time for you to push your managers to raise the issue higher within the company.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

So here's what has been working for me.

I do NOT turn off my speakers.  Ever. 

I have 4 SoundTouch 10s setup near to my router.  One is my "master" for connection to Bluetooth via my iPhone 7 (where I also do not turn off the app -- ever).

When I want music, I open the app, I set the master speaker to Bluetooth and connect, and then hit Play All.

That's it -- it works across all four speakers.  UNLESS someone in my house ever turns a speaker off by hitting Power or using the remote... then that speaker is off the grid entirely and I have to reconnect it manually to the WiFi next time I want to use it.

I will either just leave the house (severing Bluetooth connection) or hit "AUX" on the master speaker anytime I want to stop playing music.

It's been almost 2 weeks now and this has been working consistently for me.

Strident Supporter

Almost one month since the disastrous update and not even a squeak from the Bose Ivory Tower. 

Its an absolute disgrace!!  How much longer?