Stella1014
Participant
Registered since

Mar 9, 2021

Udating system unable to stop

After unboxing my speaker and trying to set it up, suddenly the indicator light went moving from left to right (meaning updating system), i am unable to stop it, i cant use my speaker...it is like stuck up on a loop..can somebody help me what to do?my speaker is Bose Smart Soundbar 300..thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: Udating system unable to stop

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Sorry to hear this Stella1014! 

You can see exactly how to perform a factory reset on the system here. Once you have reset the system you will need to set it up again via these steps here. 

Please do update us on the result of this.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_F

Hey Stella1014,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry to hear you're running into difficulty updating your system, but I'd be happy to assist.

Has the update completed since your post? Or, do you still see the white LED flashing left to right? Does the Bose Music app say your system is updating?

If it seems to be caught in an update loop, follow the steps HERE to put the system into recovery mode, and start the update over. Let me know how you get on and if things improve!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Stella1014
Participant
Registered since

Mar 9, 2021

Hi..thank you for the reply..i just did the instruction youv given to me..the lights turn green for a few seconds and turn back again to white light moving from left to right.. i cant control its wifi connection, once i unplug it, it automatically sign out to the wifi connection, and once i power it on, it takes time to connect it to wifi again on its own..

Can you teach me how to factory reset it?please..thank you..

Hector_B

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Sorry to hear this Stella1014! 

You can see exactly how to perform a factory reset on the system here. Once you have reset the system you will need to set it up again via these steps here. 

Please do update us on the result of this.

View solution in original post