Silent Starter
Registered since

May 11, 2019

Unable to Connect SoundTouch 10 to wifi

My SoundTouch 10 has lost wifi connection. I've re-booted the wifi router, reset the speaker, several times, but end up with a steady white wifi LED and steady yellow SoundTouch LED. The speaker will work fine on Bluetooth, but wont connect to wifi. It had worked fine upto a few days ago. I've not changed any hardware. I've tried a factory reset on the speaker, all to no avail. The is about 5 months old, so still under warranty.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Unable to Connect SoundTouch 10 to wifi

Hi TonyM453, 

Thanks for posting! I would love to help you resolve this issue. 

Could you please provide me with a few other details so that I can investigate this further? 

• Do you have any Wi-Fi boosters, extenders or repeaters in your network?
  • What device are you connecting to the SoundTouch 10 with? 
  • Is your system running the latest software via Btu.bose.com

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 11, 2019

Hi Hector,

There are wireless access points on the network, which two other SoundTouch 10 speakers are connected through and are working fine. The speaker I'm having difficulties has always been connected through the WAP's and was working fine up to a few days ago, when it dropped connection and I've not been able to reconnect since then.

I'm connecting to the speaker through an iPad. I'm fairly sure I'm running the latest software and the devices occasionally run updates.

Highlighted

Hi TonyM453, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

Firstly, I would recommend attempting to perform a manual update on the speaker. This can be done via following the instructions on this link. You can also set up your speaker to Wi-Fi via an alternate setup method via the instructions on this link.

Please attempt these steps and then update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.