rcm777
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2021

Unable to connect Ipad Pro M1 via Airplay

I have 2 SoundTouch 30 speakers.Software updated

They work well with all my IOS devices, old generation Ipads, Iphone 12 Pro Max

Recently I got 2 new Ipads Pro with M1 processor. Airplay works on all Apple TV’s

The Bose SoundTouch speakers appear on the Airplay list but when selected the music automatically stops. Pressing “ PLAY” again and the speakers selection reverts to IPAD

Tried Apple support, no avail. 

Happens with both new devices 

Any ideas ?

10 REPLIES 10
Liam_G

Re: Unable to connect Ipad Pro M1 via Airplay

Hello Rcm777 and thank you for reaching out! 

I will be happy to assist you with this. 
As you have already updated the speakers. We could look at some Wi-Fi related troubleshooting, such as removing the speakers from your network and adding them again to test airplay functionality. 
In order to do this, you will need to reset the speakers. You can follow our guide from the support website here. Please ensure that you follow the "Restore factory settings" instructions. 

Once reset, you should see multiple languages on the screens of the speakers and then you will need to add them one by one, back to the network via the Soundtouch app.

Looking forward to hear from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
rcm777
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2021

Tried all the steps suggested, but still same issue

581D1076-80E3-4BCA-A504-AAE3C00EC7FA.jpeg795ECF9F-BD3E-45DC-BA78-41530CFAE61C.jpegA0CF7C35-11D2-44FD-AD26-56143D947FDD.jpeg06161FD7-CE2B-4BCA-AACE-A319DE0C4C51.jpeg

as you can see in the pictures, after Bose is selected as audio source the music stops playing and audio selection reverts to Ipad

Thanks

PS: It only happens with new Ipad Pro M1. 

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this rcm777. 

Does this issue occur across all streaming services or only with Music/Apple Music? I'd also like to know if you have performed a reset on the iPad at all? 

I'm also opening this thread up to the Community, as I would love to hear from any other users with the iPad Pro M1. 

We look forward to hearing back from you and other members of the Community. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
rcm777
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2021

Hi

The problem happens with any streaming service upon selection of Bose SoundTouch on Airplay menu . Sound stops and pressing “PLAY’ again the speakers selection reverts to IPAD

I took both Ipads to Apple Genius Bar and the tests show no faults. Airplay work well with other devices, such as Apple TV, Apple Mini. 

Thanks

Liam_G

Thank you for clarifying! Let's look deeper into this to find a solution! 

The new iPad that you are using to stream audio might be having trouble communicating on the network. Turn its Wi-Fi setting off and then on again to reestablish a network connection.

Do you use a VPN or have a VPN enabled on the iPad? 

Also, where are you playing the music from? Is it stored on the iPad or are you using Apple Music or Spotify? 

Looking forward to hear from you.

rcm777
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2021

Thanks , but that’s really a simplistic troubleshooting. I have 2 new devices and both present same issue. I’ve worked with Apple support and at Genius Bar in person. Trough tests were performed and no abnormalities found.

the malfunction occurs anytime I tried to Airplay to my Bose speakers. YouTube, in -app music, streaming radio, etc

rcm777
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2021

I do have VPN but it is only connected when I’m using VOIP services. 99% of time it is OFF

Jessie_O

Thank you for coming back to us! 

Can you tell us which series of SoundTouch 30 do you have? The reason I ask is that it will help determine whether you are using Airplay or Airplay 2. If you are unsure, I have included the product identifier HERE

Can you also tell me if you have been able to successfully stream via Airplay before your new iPads? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

rcm777
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2021

Two series 30 SoundTouch 

1- SoundTouch 30 2013-2014 [REMOVED BY MODERATOR]

2-SoundTouch 30 Series ll 1970-2015 [REMOVED BY MODERATOR]

Yes, streaming using Airplay works well with all previous Ipad’s and Iphones. My latest Iphone is Iphone 12 Pro Max

with new Ipad’s M1 Airplay works with Apple TV only, not with my Bose speakers

Thanks