Unable to link account to Alexa

Audible Advocate

Unable to link account to Alexa

I see many posts from last April about a linking problem which seemed to have gotten resolved at that time.  I'm experienceing the same problem now and not able to link.  I've been trying for over a week with the same message about unable to link at this time.  I've sent in multiple trouble reports from the Alexa app, but have not heard back.  Not even an acknolagement, so I'm skeptical that the message has gotten through to a source who can attend to the problem.  I've tried enabling the skill from the iPhone app, an Android app and Windows.  Nothing works.  I'm sure I'm using the correct Soundtouch sign on.  I would appreciate any help that's available.  Thank you.     

12 REPLIES

Re: Unable to link account to Alexa

Hello PaPaTheGMan

Thanks for posting in the community!  Sorry to hear about the Alexa issues, but would be glad to help!

Where exactly are you getting hung up on the setup process?  Is it during the portion where it asks for the SoundTouch account credentials?  Also which country are currently in and trying to use the Alexa feature?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Audible Advocate

Hi Tony A, thanks for posting and offering to help.  First off, I'm in the US.  I get hung up after entering my Soundtouch credentials.  After entreing my Bose sign-on, I get an error message that says "We were unable to link Bose at this time.  Please try again later."  It's the same error that the people who were having problems in April reported.  And, like I said in the original post, I know the sign-on I entered is correct.  What can I do to enable this skill?  I'm anxious to control my Bose Soundtouch speakers from Alexa.  Thanks.

Hi PaPaTheGMan

Thanks for getting back to me!  

Can you try and change the password you use for your SoundTouch account through the SoundTouch app.  From here, close SoundTouch and Alexa on the mobile device, re-launch Alexa and try your credentials again.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Audible Advocate

Tried what you suggested, unfortunately no change. Still unable to get connected. Same error.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

sorry, Tony A, that didn't work.  I still get the same error.

Hi PaPaTheGMan

Thanks for testing those steps out.  This is definitely a little bit of a strange issue.  Have you been able to try and link the account using a different mobile device by chance yet?  Also, are all the devices on the same network as the SoundTouch systems?  Can you try and reboot the router and the systems as well?

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Audible Advocate

Hey Tony A,

I'll take your questions/suggestion one at a time.

- Yes, I've tried with different devices.  I've attempted to ling from iPhone, iPad, Android Tablet, Android phone, Windows Laptop & Windows desktop.

- Yes all devices are on same WiFi except the desktop which is ethernet connected to router.

- I have rebooted the devices since the password change, but not the router nor AP.  I'll try that next.

- One interesting side note is that I tried to Enable the other SoudTouch skill (Bose SoundTouch Control) and it worked fine.  And with or without that skill enabled, the plain Bose skill still will not link.

Audible Advocate

Ok, I rebooted my router & AP.  unfortunately still no go. The error presists.

Hi PaPaTheGMan

Thank you for trying all those steps, we really appreciate it!  This is something that I haven't seen personally since we fixed a similar issue back in Spring.  I am going to private message you to gather a bit of information so we can escalate this up to our development team.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A