Highlighted
RoyC
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Unable to select my iTunes music library. after software update

Following a Soundtouch App software Upgrade I had some installation issues which were resolved by removing the previous installation and then reloading a fresh install.  However, when attempting to add my iTunes library as a music library I hit a brick wall.  It moves to the correct screen but both the option for my Mac and for Windows are there but greyed out.  Apart from going back to the previous page I cannot see any other options to select.   I have trawled through many posts and I have carried out checks on my preferences.  I am running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.1 and Soundtouch App version is 23.0.0 protocol version 64.

Can you help me with this please.

kind regards Roy

3 REPLIES 3
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Unable to select my iTunes music library. after software update

@RoyC wrote:

Following a Soundtouch App software Upgrade I had some installation issues which were resolved by removing the previous installation and then reloading a fresh install.  However, when attempting to add my iTunes library as a music library I hit a brick wall.  It moves to the correct screen but both the option for my Mac and for Windows are there but greyed out.  Apart from going back to the previous page I cannot see any other options to select.   I have trawled through many posts and I have carried out checks on my preferences.  I am running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.1 and Soundtouch App version is 23.0.0 protocol version 64.

Can you help me with this please.

kind regards Roy

Your experience is not atypical unfortunately. The macOS SoundTouch updater has been fussy for the last few iterations and requires an install after the old version is deleted. This is well documented.

macOS Catalina brings a new version of music player which comes in line with iOS. iTunes is no longer. As such the previous function of SoundTouch, being able to access the iTunes library, is no longer available. Again well documented. Bose is “working” on the problem.

You can still access Apple Music using BlueTooth or AirPort Express.

awills61
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 27, 2018

There is a way around the update issue that has been documented elsewhere on this forum.

After you have done the update and nothing appears to have worked go to the Soundtouch folder within Applications and look in the 'Update' folder. The update package should be here. If you double click it it will then launch the installer and update the app without losing any of your settings.

tristimc
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

I am also having this issue. I was able to update the app, but the iTunes button is still greyed out.