Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 21, 2019

Unable update wifi password soundtoch

My sound touch system won't let me update my wifi password. It worked fine before. But after I reboot the speakers, it appears not to see my network or any nearby networks. Therefore, I cannot enter the new password. Meanwhile, My phone which has the controlling Bose software is connected to the network. I'm dead in the water  does anyone have any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Unable update wifi password soundtoch

This might be a little drastic, but if you don't come up with another solution, you might could do a factory reset of your Soundtouch device and delete the Soundtouch app from your phone and start over.

Highlighted

Hi Cwtucker, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues setting up your system on your new network. 

I would recommend popping your system into setup mode, then going into the app and clicking the cog on the picture in the product menu and clicking Connect to network. If you reply with your model of SoundTouch speaker I'll be able to direct you on how to do this.

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Soundtouch app is broken with ios13. Don’t waste time troubleshooting with the mods. Software dev team needs to do an emergency fix.