Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 5, 2015

Re: Upcoming SiriusXM Update and Improvements

The option to add SiriusXM also does not show for me. It is not in the add service list in the app from my iPad nor my iPhone.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 29, 2020

I Just installed the Bose/SXM undate s

For my Sound Touch 10. As I was redoing my presets I noticed that the Howard Stern channels are not showing up on the channel line up. Has anyone else had this issue?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 1, 2020

After updating, XM wouldn't play through App or from the presets on the Soundtouch 10. I found instructions on this site indicating the need to re-login to XM. After lots of attempts, I was able to "remove" the "music service" under settings. The. Add Service and login to XM without error. When I try to play anything on XM, I get a 3103 error.   Account works fine through XM app and I verified the password there as well.  I'm working on a Droid phone One+6t

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 5, 2015

Found the source of my problem, and was able to work around it, but is something Bose needs to fix.

it appears that the SoundTouch app employs some kind of IP geolocation service to identify where a user is located, and only displays services available where Bose *thinks* the user is located. In my case, Bose must think that my IPs are located outside of the United States, and thus does not display SiriusXM as an option. By temporarily changing my public IP on my iPad, I was able to get the SiriusXM option to display and sign in. 
Now to be clear, my public IPs are located in the United States (San Jose, California) however they previously belonged to an entity in Canada prior to October 2018. Since then however, I have procured them and use them at my residence in San Jose. I’m not sure what IP geolocation database Bose is using, but it needs updated. Can this feedback be escalated to the proper team within Bose? I’m happy to provide the specific IP prefix or any other details required. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

@mdpeterman

Thank you very much for raising this issue to us and thank you for sharing your workaround.

I have escalated this to our engineering team and they are now working on a fix. 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and I hope to be able to provide you some good news soon!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2020

I was able to add and sign-in to Sirius through my windows desktop app. Still unable to add Sirius account on my phone App (Samsung Galaxy). Option is there to add, just doesn't recognize my sign-in info. 

After entering my sign-in info to 'add account' I receive the message 'That doesn't look right. Try entering that again.'

Restarted the phone and the speaker as well.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

I just updated both firmware and app to latest version (24) and the SXM service is completely gone, I mean, it's not even in the Add Service menu. I only have Spotify, Deezer and Amazon Music available. The SXM service worked perfectly fine before the update, now it's completely gone. What's the issue??

Currently have a bose soundtouch 20 series III 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 5, 2015

@Anne_S  Do you have any updates if this has been resolved? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Any update on the fix to the missing SXM service from the service menu?? It's been some weeks now!! 😡😡

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi all,

@mdpeterman, I understand that you are still having the issue? That's odd and I am sorry to hear it as the engineering team confirmed that earlier this month (around the 11th), there was a cloud change to update the geo-to-ip-address table in response to your situation. Can you confirm whether you're still having the same issues?

@obamonos, could you please confirm where you are located? As mentioned a bit further up in this thread, if you are located outside of the US or Canada, what you are experiencing would be expected behaviour.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!