FlyingFifteen
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 29, 2019

Update App for Mac

I have been prompted to update my Mac app (Sept 2019) and have successfully activated the update and enter the password correctly. It looks like the app will update by when reopening the app after 5 mins it again prompts me to update. This action has been repeated. There is no other instruction to restart the Mac. Please can you provide some further advise to install the latest app update.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Update App for Mac

Author Accepted Answer selected by FlyingFifteen

Hello FlyingFifteen,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I am sorry to hear that you are having some problems with your SoundTouch application for Mac. I would highly recommend that you visit this link >> SoundTouch® controller app << and install a fresh version of the application. This will overwrite the existing version and ensure that you have the most up to date release.

Let me know if you experience any problems with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

6 REPLIES 6

Author Accepted Answer selected by FlyingFifteen

Hello FlyingFifteen,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I am sorry to hear that you are having some problems with your SoundTouch application for Mac. I would highly recommend that you visit this link >> SoundTouch® controller app << and install a fresh version of the application. This will overwrite the existing version and ensure that you have the most up to date release.

Let me know if you experience any problems with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

PLCC
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Hello:  I too have been having problems with the Bose Soundtouch app on my Macbook.  No problems with iOS (phone, iPad).  I went to the site you suggested and this is what comes up

"SoundTouch-osx-installer” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software."  Then it goes on and says please tell the manufacturer to update their software.  Please advise.  PLC.

PLCC
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

So, I did something I never do and always tell my clients to investigate before posting to a message board... I didn't look around the site enough and in digging deeper lo-and-behold I found my answer.  Many thanks to Wayne_M for your advise.  It worked!  

Highlighted

Hello PLC,

Thanks for reaching out, I am glad you have found a solution.

If you need anything else then please get in touch, have a lovely day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Vradenburgs
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

I was having this same problem so I uninstalled the Soundtouch software and attempted to reinstall.  However, when I click on the Soundtouch installation icon, I get the following message:

“SoundTouch-osx-installer” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

This item is on the disk image “SoundTouch-app-installer-23.0.0-2805-d6e7bf6.dmg”. Safari downloaded this disk image today at 3:03 PM from downloads.bose.com.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Vradenburgs
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

Well - as soon as I posted this I searched the community for Wayne_M and found the answer under 

MacOS 10.15 - Catalina.  Thanks much!