cc15
Participant
Registered since

Jan 1, 2016

Update Soudtouch app and now says Tunein not available

Kindle had a update to Soundtouch and when it finished it said Tunein not supported in my area and all my presets are gone it said only QQ is available which I never heard of

My computer the app has not been updated and is working fine so far

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andy_B
Community Manager

Re: Update Soudtouch app and now says Tunein not available

Author Accepted Answer selected by cc15

Hey everyone,

Our development team has informed us that this has now been resolved. A new SoundTouch app update is available from the Amazon Appstore, version 25.0.5. Please update us here should you experience any further issues. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
russp
Participant
Registered since

Jan 22, 2017

Same here, new version 25.0.4 tries to access QQ Music / QPlay.  Is this a real release?

Bill H
Participant
Registered since

May 21, 2020

The error message reads, "Presets are not available in your region."

I have only the QQ, Pandora, or iHeart options to choose from.  All others are gone.  There is no login screen to access my account and no option to update the firmware.  All of my 6 presets were from TuneIn, and they still work on the speaker's pad and on the remote.

The app I have for Android on a cell phone still works and has all the functionality.  And I can play TuneIn or Amazon via bluetooth on the speaker, so there is clearly a problem with the Kindle app.

cc15
Participant
Registered since

Jan 1, 2016

My only option is QQ no other options on the kindle when click on the QQ it takes me to Amazon and Chinese appears it is for China But Amazon says it is not available so not possible to get any stream except from my computer music library which I not use much. My kindle clear shows I am in California and Pacific Time. Luckily no update on my computer soundtouch app otherwise soundtouch would be useless

cc15
Participant
Registered since

Jan 1, 2016

Still not fixed no solution I did contact Amazon Kindle on chat for over 30 min with 3 different techs and they were going to put in a ticket for it but they still not fix their update

Keith_L

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and contributing to the discussion!

It's really weird that you are all having this problem with the SoundTouch app on your Amazon devices! Qplay/QQ music is a service that should only be available in China so you shouldn't be seeing it as an option anywhere else. TuneIn and the option to store presets would not be available in the Chinese version as well, so both of these happening together would suggest that the app version on the Amazon store may not be the correct one for other regions.

@russp, the latest version of the app at this time should be 23.0.0, not 25.0.4, so I'm not sure how you have that version number for your app. Can the others posting check what app version you have on the Amazon devices and any other device you have? To do this you will want to go to Settings > About > App in the SoundTouch app and it will have the information there.

Could you also all let me know what Amazon devices you have? Also, what version of Amazons Fire OS they are running?

@cc15, reaching out to Amazon on this was a great step to take, so thank you for doing that as well! 

I look forward to hearing back from you all!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
cc15
Participant
Registered since

Jan 1, 2016

The app I got is the 25. 04 I have Kindle Fire HD 8 7th Generation

Jstackhouse
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2020

The only difference I can see in the build of the updated app on the kindle as opposed to my android phone is the 25.0.5 interface, but it will not allow me to use spotify or SiriusXM's credentials or change any channels or functions. It says there are no features or presets available in my region and tells me to download some odd chinese add-ons. App works fine on my phone, but family uses the kindle tablet. We have a Wave Soundtouch radio.

PRET
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2020

I was prompted to install an update on the Bose Sound Touch which is QPLay.  Since the update, the preset icons on my Kindle have disappeared, the app is all in Chinese and is now the default music instead of TuneIn.  Is there a way to remove QPlay, Default back to TuneIn and get the presets back on the Kindle?

jimbofinn
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2020

I have a soundtouch 10 system all presets are ok. I have the bose app on my laptop and mobile phone all presets ok.  I had the bose app on my Kindle fire (3rd Gen) until recently with all my presets working perfectly.  Having had to carry out a factory reset on the kindle and after reinstalling the bose app, I get a message stating "We're sorry Presets are not available in your region".  I'm not able to search for any internet stations nor do the presets show up. Please advise.