Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 13, 2020

Updating Sound Touch Speakers

OK I think I am going slightly crazy with Bose every which way I turn to find help I get thwarted.... so I am falling back on you folk out there who may have walked the same path as I am stumbling along.

The scenario is there is an update available on the Bose screen for Sound Touch Speakers.  I forget how many times I have tried to download the update but certainly more that 8-10 times each time the screen produces a Pop Up telling me the update cannot be downloaded 

Screenshot 2020-09-13 at 14.04.54.png

 Has anybody else received this pop up if so how on earth does one get around this...I have tried responding to the e-mail address shown but this just bounces back from Germany 

Also, yep also...I listen to a number of internet stations one is Radio Seagull which broadcasts from the Netherlands of recent I am no longer able to receive same on the speakers but can still listen on both the iPad and Mac PC...I am advised that Tunein has ceased broadcasting any stations in UK. 

Again has anybody else found this problem .  Efforts to contact Bose directly have all fallen on stony ground.   I do not use WhatsApp

Any info will be appreciated....

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Updating Sound Touch Speakers

Hey @Hobgoblin9,

Not to worry! This can be quite an annoying issue that we have to manually bypass.

To allow your system to run/open the SoundTouch installer, you'll need to give it permissions from within your system settings. Therefore, on your Mac, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General Tab > At the bottom, select the option to 'open anyway' next to the message stating the SoundTouch installer has been blocked.

Give that a go and let me know if you have any luck installing the app!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 13, 2020

Re: Updating Sound Touch Speakers

Hi Sam firstly many thanks for the information and yes I have now managed to complete what was a rather lengthy update...Much appreciated.

It is a pity, that such 'gems' are not present when one is trying, (fruitlessly, in my case) to complete the update....Perhaps such comments could be passed across to the Management at Bose....

Again many thanks for your assistance, I am now awaiting  some sort of 'official' response as to how Bose is going to address the situation whereby certain Continental stations that are received via the TUNEIN system are now blocked...

Regards

Hobgoblin