Waynejudders
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 1, 2020

Using a Vodafone mobile hotspot as a network connection

I have a SoundTouch 20 speaker and was using a mifi device as a network connection, I now have unlimited data and want to use my mobile phone(iPhone 😎 via Vodafone to act as my network via a personal hotspot.

i have tried connecting to it although it sees it, it times out when trying to connect... any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Using a Vodafone mobile hotspot as a network connection

Hi @Waynejudders,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I apologize for any trouble you've had so far trying to set up your SoundTouch 20 to the SoundTouch app. You may be experiencing this as the SoundTouch systems operate better when connected to WiFi networks and may have a slight issue when operating on mobile hotspot networks and compatibility can vary. While some may work, hotspots are not guaranteed or recommended due to the limited or inconsistent functionality with them.

Have you or are you able to try setting up the speaker using a home WiFi network? If you can, give this a try and let me know the outcome.

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Waynejudders
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 1, 2020

Thank you for your response.

I do find it quite astonishing that your product does not have the capability to be able to log in to a mobile hotspot given that all television and other audio visual products can do so without issues.
My internet provider is Vodafone, the device is an Apple iPhone 8, both being market leaders in their own right. 

I think you will find more people switching from traditional internet providers over to mobile data, with issues arising with compatibility with your products, due to unrestricted data access plans and faster speeds offered by mobile devices. 

Highlighted
Waynejudders
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 1, 2020

Please let me know if there are  any plans to do a patch to correct the issue, making the Bose more compatible with mobile hotspot connections, or do I have to pack the speaker away until there are more suitable connections?

Or , do you feel that this is an issue that the phone manufacturers should be addressing?