MrUberJim
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Virtually invisible speaker power brick/wireless receivers make humming noise

Looking for a bit of advice when the system is off I leave the rear speakers plugged in the power/receiver packs make a humming /chirping noise it's very faint and I presume it's just electricity going round the circuit. Does anyone elses do this they aren't getting hot at all and don't make the noise when the system is on just wondering if it's the resistors or similar ? It's been on 6 months plus and no issue just wanted clarification

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Virtually invisible speaker power brick/wireless receivers make humming noise

@MrUberJim wrote:

Looking for a bit of advice when the system is off I leave the rear speakers plugged in the power/receiver packs make a humming /chirping noise it's very faint and I presume it's just electricity going round the circuit. Does anyone elses do this they aren't getting hot at all and don't make the noise when the system is on just wondering if it's the resistors or similar ? It's been on 6 months plus and no issue just wanted clarification

I don’t own this system. @jimgfitz  should be able to help you, he has a ST 300 with rear speakers.

jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Virtually invisible speaker power brick/wireless receivers make humming noise

I leave mine plugged in all the time.  I have never heard any noise and they don't get hot.

MrUberJim
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

You have to literally be in a silent room and be right next to them to hear it. If you're a few feet away you cant hear anything