Highlighted

Re: Volume control on soundtouch app

Hi Suresh, 

Thanks for getting back to us regarding this volume issue with your Lifestyle 535 SoundTouch System. I'm sorry to hear that this issue persists.

I would next ensure that your Lifestyle 535 SoundTouch System is up to date. You can follow instructions here on how to update your system. 

Please let us know how you get on! 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Dear Tegan, 

I upgraded the software but still the same issue.

FYI. All the controls are working perfectly both on the APP & Remote  except Volume control on the  soundtouch app.

Highlighted

Hi Suresh,

Thank you for updating your system. I am sorry that the issue persists.

Could you please confirm that you have the latest version of the SoundTouch application?

Android app version: 23.0.0
iOS app version: 23.0.4
PC/Mac version: 23.0.0

Do you have your SoundTouch 30 and Lifestyle 535 playing simultaneously or individually?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Hello,

Yes,  Android version 23.0.0 Protocol Version 64 & App Version 23.0.0 

I try playing simultaneously and Individually . End result I can control soundtouch 30 volume but no Lifestyle 535

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

I had a similar issue controlling my Soundtouch system with an iPod Touch 6th Gen. When playing more than one speaker (I have two ST-10 speakers linked to ST-Wave), the volume would revert to a different setting on the ST-Wave every time songs changed. I had tried other troubleshooting suggestions then tried the reset listed below which fixed the volume issue:

• Turn the system off. Wait 30 seconds
  • Unplug the control console power cord from the power outlet
  • Unplug the audio input cable from the control console
  • Unplug the Acoustimass module power cord from the power outlet
  • Unplug the audio input cable from the Acoustimass module. Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the audio input cable to the Acoustimass module
  • Reconnect the audio input cable to the control console
  • Reconnect the Acoustimass module power cord
  • Reconnect the control console power cord
  • Retest the system

After the reset I now set the volume with the iPod for the system when starting a playlist, then adjust in Soundtouch and the sound volume has been steady between songs.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Hi, Thank you.  I will try again the same procedure.

FYI:   I always power off /unplug it when the system is not in use.  

why we need to disconnect all the cable's as we completely switch off and on ? Removing and reinstalling the cables from Life Style is another big project :).

Many Thanks

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Hello,

I a volume control issue when I try to control the volume from the Soundtouch app on iOS 13.
I have all the last possible updates.

When I push the same buttons (level buttons of my iPhone 8 Plus) from the "desk" or from the Spotify app, I do not have the same issue.

Only with SoundTouch App.

I posted a video of it here (I don't know if I have the right to post the link, but here it is) :

Best regards

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Highlighted

Hello theatlane,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are also having volume control issues and I would be happy to help.

When trying to control the volume from the SoundTouch app, does using the volume slider work? Is the issue just with the phone's buttons from within the SoundTouch app?

The first things I would recommend we do as troubleshooting steps are power cycling the speaker, by disconnecting the speaker from the power for at least 30 seconds, before reconnecting. Also, force closing the SoundTouch app and then reopening it.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Hello Kaith_L,

I just did what you've told.
I 've disconnected the SoundTouch 30 for 30 seconds and forced closing the app.
Nothing has changed.

When I touch the sliding volume in the SoundTouch app, the same bug appears.

Interesting fact : I have an "old" phone (iPhone 6 Plus, iOS  12.4.4, SoundTouch app interface version 23.0.2, protocol version 64 and app version 23.0.4) on which I do not have that bug.

The version of the app is the exact same on my iPhone 8 Plus.

Best regards

Highlighted

Hi theatlane,

Thank you for providing that update.

It's certainly strange that the issue only seems to be happening on the iPhone 8, not the iPhone 6. The main difference between the two does seem to be the IOS version on the phones, given the app versions are both the same. 

What I would recommend we try next is uninstalling and reinstalling the SoundTouch app on the iPhone 8. That way we can get a fresh install of the app, and see if it was a bug introduced by changed permissions with the latest IOS version.

I would also recommend we reboot the iPhone that is having this issue as well.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L