Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 16, 2020

Volume from iPhone?

Is there a way to adjust the volume on my ST10 using the volume buttons on the iPhone, instead of having to open the phone, then the Bose app, then adjust? Sometimes I need a fast volume adjustment, and using the app just isn't adequate. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Volume from iPhone?

Author Accepted Answer selected by pahiker

Hi Pahiker,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. I would be happy to help with this.

Whether you are able to adjust the volume from the iPhone volume buttons will depend on what you are playing on your SoundTouch 10. Most of the time this will not be possible. Because the iPhone is controlling the speaker over the Wi-Fi network, without the app open it does not have a direct connection to the speaker.

The only time you would be able to use the volume buttons on the iPhone to control the volume on your speaker, without opening the app, would be if you were using Bluetooth to stream to the speaker form your iPhone. At that point, you have a direct connection to the speaker, and the volume control of the iPhone will control the volume of the stream to the SoundTouch 10 directly.

If you want fast volume control without using the app on your phone, it is also possible to control the speaker with the onboard volume buttons or the remote.

I hope this information helps.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Volume from iPhone?

Author Accepted Answer selected by pahiker

Hi Pahiker,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. I would be happy to help with this.

Whether you are able to adjust the volume from the iPhone volume buttons will depend on what you are playing on your SoundTouch 10. Most of the time this will not be possible. Because the iPhone is controlling the speaker over the Wi-Fi network, without the app open it does not have a direct connection to the speaker.

The only time you would be able to use the volume buttons on the iPhone to control the volume on your speaker, without opening the app, would be if you were using Bluetooth to stream to the speaker form your iPhone. At that point, you have a direct connection to the speaker, and the volume control of the iPhone will control the volume of the stream to the SoundTouch 10 directly.

If you want fast volume control without using the app on your phone, it is also possible to control the speaker with the onboard volume buttons or the remote.

I hope this information helps.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post