Highlighted
Woosa321
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Volume jumps extremely high when using iphone 11

Hi, 

I have a sountouch 10 and I predominantly use the BT function as I live in a compound with only one wifi access. 

Everytime I try and control the volume from my iphone 11 pro (also had that issue with my iphone 7 few weeks back) it jumps extremely loud and shocks me. I have used spotify too and it does the same. The iphone/apple music/spotify volume is never maximised so when i go to increase it jumps to crazy levels even though the speaker isnt playing using at a loud level. So I wouldnt expect such a huge jump. Even the slightest increase cause a massive reaction. Any advice? I couldn't find anything on other threads. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Volume jumps extremely high when using iphone 11

Hello Woosa321,

Thanks for posting this thread and welcome to the Community!

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble controlling the volume of your SoundTouch speaker, I would be more than happy to assist you with this today. Firstly, could you please let me know which SoundTouch speaker you have and which version? Have you already tried any troubleshooting? If yes, what have you tried?

In the meantime, I recommend that you force close and re-open the SoundTouch app, if you are still experiencing this then please delete and re-download it.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support

Woosa321
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Hi, 

thanks for getting back to me. 

The model I have is : 416776 soundtouch 10 wireless. 

i havent tried any troubleshooting yet. Its not only the bose app. Its all the apps - whatever I use to raise the volume on the phone makes the speaker jump. 

Hello Woosa321,

Thanks for confirming this information.

Do you also experience this when using the volume buttons on the speaker or on the remote?

Let's start by resetting the SoundTouch 10 speaker. It sounds as though there is a Bluetooth communication issue between the speaker and your device. You can do this by turning off the speaker and disconnecting the power cord for 30 seconds. Additionally, please restart your iPhone 11. 

Should the above step result in no improvement, I would then suggest updating your speaker. This can be done by visiting Manually updating your SoundTouch 10.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G