morales84
Participant
Registered since

Mar 15, 2021

Re: Weak bass with bass module 500 and soundtouch 300

I have the same issue,  ST300 and Bass Module 500.

Software updated thru APP, BM500 connected wirelessly,    ST300 Optical from Sony TV,  Bass on ST300 all the way up,  BM500 shakes a little but the sound coming is very low.   I tried different sources, from BT, music from APP, different Rap songs with deep base.     I'm surprised, at the Bose store, the BM500 was rocking in the room, now here at home it just sits.....

maxpower_
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 20, 2021

Just wanted to give everyone in this thread a heads up, I see that they've recommended that you update your soundbar, and just wanted to let you all know to proceed with extreme caution. Several people have updated their soundbars and as a result, have bricked their Acoustimass bass modules. Bricked. Like, no longer works. And now Bose won't help us and is essentially ignoring all of our requests for help. 

Just a word of warning before you update anything, god forbid you end up with the flashing red light of doom and you're basically SOL with a giant thousand dollar paper weight.

GTS_Joe
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2021

I'm so disappointed right now. I also have ST300 and just added the Bass500 module and am so underwhelmed by the poor bass output from it. I've done Adaptiq twice, dialed the bass all the way up on the ST300 and it's still worse than other budget home theater systems. 

Unless some magical fix is found in the next 24hrs, I'm taking the bass module back and buying a Vizio setup.

So disappointed. I've been drooling and dreaming for years to have a home Bose setup. This combination is pathetic. 

Liam_G

Hello GTS_Joe and welcome to the Community, I will be happy to help getting the bass quality corrected. 

As you have tried AdatpIQ already, you can also adjust the bass level on the Bass Module 500 via the SoundTouch 300 remote. 
To view the instructions on how to do this, you can check out the support article here. 

I hope this helps. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Grubbick
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2021

Last week I bought the bass 500 to complete my set with soundtouch 300 and vi 300 and i had the same problems as discribed in this topic. Very weak bass, almost no difference with the sound coming from my soundtouch. However i found a solution so i wanted to inform you about this. I did the adaptiq calibration with the bass module in the center of the room. Somehow this increased the bass volume, i guess because it had no walls to reflect on during the calibration. bass level is very good now, even had to decrease it a little bit 🙂

Hope this solution will help you guys too