Greg Peirce
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

What happened to favorites on TuneIn

Since your last update, I cannot save favorites in Tunein anymore. Nor do the old ones show up. Where are the favorites shown now? This is what I get now: LOCAL RADIO: station...........station........station..... TRENDING station...........station........station..... SPORTS station...........station........station..... MUSIC station...........station........station.....
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: What happened to favorites on TuneIn

Author Accepted Answer selected by Greg Peirce

Hi Greg,

Thanks for getting back to us!

I can confirm that this old favourites item was replaced with the new method as mentioned above by @Hector_B .

This was a move to incorporate favourites from all of the services in a single place, and was removed from the Tune-In page to prevent a crossover/confusion about favourites.

You can also still see your recently played items from the SoundTouch app, which is now under the "Recently Played" section when pressing the menu button in the top left.

I hope this helps clear this up, and please let me know if you have any further questions 😊.

Liam W

14 REPLIES 14

Hi Greg Peirce, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Can you please confirm which application you are using as well as what speaker you are attempting to set favorites for? 

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Greg Peirce
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

Thank you for answering.  I'm using the Bose Wave machine and 2 speakers,  the Soundtouch 10 and 20.  The application is from the download of Soundtouch-app-installer-21.0.3.3635.

Hi Greg Peirce, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. You can find favorites in the top right of the screen, to save a station to your favorites simply press and hold the station. 

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Greg Peirce
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

No, sorry, this is not what I was talking about. 

This is in regards to the TuneIn section of the Soundtouch app.  They would not have anything to do with buttons on the speaker.  It may be out of your realm, but favorite stations should appear along with the sections of Local Radio, Trending, Sports, and Music.

It would be nice to be able to cut and paste the screen image, but I can't.

Thank you anyway.

Greg Peirce
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

I forgot to mention that the feature used to be there, but recently changed.

Author Accepted Answer selected by Greg Peirce

Hi Greg,

Thanks for getting back to us!

I can confirm that this old favourites item was replaced with the new method as mentioned above by @Hector_B .

This was a move to incorporate favourites from all of the services in a single place, and was removed from the Tune-In page to prevent a crossover/confusion about favourites.

You can also still see your recently played items from the SoundTouch app, which is now under the "Recently Played" section when pressing the menu button in the top left.

I hope this helps clear this up, and please let me know if you have any further questions 😊.

Liam W

Greg Peirce
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

The public is not that easily confused and it was better before.  But thank you for getting back to me.

Mizz Jay’s Bose
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

I too recently lost all my favorite podcast shows saved in Tune-in.  I am trying to save my favorite podcasts under Tune-in’s “new” method of saving to favorites.  The new method is ONLY saving specific episodes, NOT the podcast show.  I have to go back to the “search’ tab to get back to the actual podcast show in order to view other podcast episodes....HELP....

Greg Peirce
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

I am SO GLAD someone else has this gripe.  Thank you Mizz Jay.

According to the moderators, "I can confirm that this old favourites item was replaced with the new method as mentioned above".

They don't seem to care that we all had favorite podcasts and podcast episodes and now they are all gone.  Also according to them, we got too easily confused on how to manage favorites, so they took them away like we are children.

Guess that is why Bose stands for Better Off with Something Else.