What is the best way to connect a SoundTouch 300 sound bar with multiple HDMI sources.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter

What is the best way to connect a SoundTouch 300 sound bar with multiple HDMI sources.

What is the best or preferred way of connecting the SoundTouch 300 to a TV set when there are multiple video sources?

The TV set has 5 HDMI inputs, and HDMI1 has ARC.

There are 3 HDMI video sources: Dish sattelite box, Roku, and Apple TV.

Is there some way to connect each source to a different HDMI input and then somehow to use the HDMI ARC to connect to the SoundTouch 300 for audio? This would allow the TV to switch between the HDMI sources.

This problem much come up a lot. What is the best way of connecting multiple HDMI inputs so that they can be switched between, and to use the SoundBar for audio?

I know I could purchase an HDMI Switch and run the output of that into the SoundTouch 300 and then connect that to the HDMI-ARC port. But then the TV isn't doing the source switching. Surely there is a way to use the multiple inputs on the TV, somehow? No?

2 REPLIES 2
Wistful Whiz

Re: What is the best way to connect a SoundTouch 300 sound bar with multiple HDMI sources.

You use HDMI ARC from TV to Bose Soundtouch to carry the audio to the Bose.  Then, you connect all of your devices to your TV using HDMI cables.  That's how I have my LG OLED connected and it works great.  I use a Harmony 880 programmable remote to control everything and turn on and off the correct devices depending on what I am watching.  I use the CEC feature to have the LG TV turn on and off the Bose 300.

Community Manager

Re: What is the best way to connect a SoundTouch 300 sound bar with multiple HDMI sources.

Hi DavidKovanen,

Thank you for writing in!  

@jimgfitz has some great info here.  In most cases, the ARC connection is active once the connection is made, however you may want to check the audio settings to confirm it.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support