Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 16, 2020

Why does my Bose SoundLink® Air Digital music system goes to sleep

I have been noticing that my Bose SoundLink® Air Digital music system goes to sleep/turns off after some time when not in use. And then I have press one of the volume buttons to turn it back on to use. I have it hooked up with my desktop pc, and usually use to listen to our call for prayer at certain times, which happens 5 times a day at certain times. But the call from prayer is not played through the speaker as the speaker turns off/sleep. But if I power up the speaker by pressing the volume buttons then it turns and I am able to listen to my call for prayer. So is there a way to turn the setting off where it goes to sleep/turns off and keep it running continuously. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Why does my Bose SoundLink® Air Digital music system goes to sleep

Hi Farhans,

Welcome! Thanks for the question!

The reason you are noticing the SoundLink Air go to sleep when it is not in use is that the speaker will automatically go into standby after 20 minutes of inactivity. If you are leaving it for a few hours without using it, this will happen and you will need to press the power button to turn it back on.

The speaker is designed to do this to save power and protect the battery life so there isn't any way to disable this feature. It will turn off when not in use until you turn it back on. 

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.