Participant
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

Wi-Fi connection is not possible because the remote control does not work. (Bose Soundtouch300)

As shown in the picture, the TV is connected to HDMI (ARC), and the sound bar is also connected to HDMI (ARC).

After making the connection, it is automatically connected to the TV, and the sound bar operates normally, so the sound comes out properly.

However, the remote control does not work, so it cannot be paired

According to the manual, when you press the note button and button 7, the sound bar lights up, but pressing the other button as well as the power button does not respond

So I thought it was a problem with the remote control, so I contacted the company and tried to get one additional remote control to work.

After contacting the boss company and inquiring, I heard that there may be a problem with the sound touch 300 itself.

I want to know if it is a problem with the remote control or the main unit Or I wonder what action I can take. Please i need answers fast.

South Korea

KakaoTalk_20200313_134150923.jpg

KakaoTalk_20200313_134150814.jpg

KakaoTalk_20200313_134150355.jpg

KakaoTalk_20200321_215754065.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Wi-Fi connection is not possible because the remote control does not work. (Bose Soundtouch300)

Hello, 

I am sorry that your remote control does not appear to be working.

Did you get a replacement remote control from contacting your local support team?

Do any buttons on your remote control the system?

The SoundTouch 300 remote does not need to be programmed to control your speaker as this uses an infrared frequency to connect. 

Do let us know, we would love to do what we can to help.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

Re: Wi-Fi connection is not possible because the remote control does not work. (Bose Soundtouch300)

If you press the note button in the middle of the remote control, red lights come in briefly
Other buttons do not work neither the power button or anything else.
Connecting the power cable to the sound touch body. Power does not turn on even when the power button is pressed on the remote control.
After connecting the power cable and HDMI (ARC) cable i set the external input with the TV remote control, Sound comes from the speaker. However, the speaker remote control does not work.

It would be good to send it after confirming that the remote control works normally at the head office.

What action can you take if the remote control does not work properly even after receiving a new remote control?

Highlighted
Community Manager

@guyguy1,

Thanks for your message. From the images you've provided, and information you've described there are two possible issues:

1. The remote control is damaged
  2. The IR receiver on the SoundTouch 300 is damaged

You could test to see if an IR signal is being emitted from the remote by using your mobile/cell phone's front-facing camera. Point the remote at the camera, and press a button. If an IR signal is being emitted, you will see a flash of light on your cell phone's screen through the camera. 

My first recommendation is to replace the remote by reaching out to your local support. Should a replacement remote not resolve your issue, service may be needed on the soundbar itself. We hope you manage to get back up and running again soon.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!