Highlighted
binods2000@yahoo.co.in
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

Wifi (5G band) connection issue with soundbar 700.

Hello All,

Unable to connect my soundbar 700 speaker with 5G band Wifi router.  It's working with 2.4G band connect but not working with 5G band Wifi network.

Does soundbar 700 support 5G band Wifi network or it supports 2.4G band wifi only ?

Appreciate your valuable comments!

Regards,

Binod Sharma

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Wifi (5G band) connection issue with soundbar 700.

Hi Binod Sharma, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues with connecting your Soundbar 700 to your 5G network. I'll do all I can to assist you! 

The Soundbar 700 does support the 5G network so I'll be happy to try and resolve this issue for you!

Can you tell me where the setup fails? Do you get an error message?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

binods2000@yahoo.co.in
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

Hi Jessie,

Glad to see your response !

First of all let me tell you that "Bose Music" app does not provide any "wifi" option within "Setting" tab to change Wifi network connection.  I have tried from both platform (iOS & Android).  Please do needful to get Wifi option within Bose Music App to manage Wifi-network of Soundbar 700.

https://www.boseindia.com/en_in/support/article/connecting-to-a-different-wi-fi-network-sb700.html

Then with the ref. above URL, I tried to change Wifi connection from existing 2.4G to 5G and got message that Wifi connection has been successfully updated but soundbar 700 was still with 2.4G wifi-network. 

https://www.boseindia.com/en_in/support/article/restoring-factory-defaults-soundbar700.html

Again with the ref. of above URL, I did soundbar 700 to factory-default and started initial setup for soundbar. Soundbar 700 has detected both 2.4G/5G wifi-network and i have selected 5G wifi-network and keyed password.  After sometime got below error in "Bose Music" app.

""""""Check your router setting, then try again"""""

Following parameter have been configured on "Wifi-Dual band router" for both 2.4G/5G network...

- Network Authentication: WPA2-PSK

- WPA/WAPI Encryption : AES

Now again I have configured my soundbar 700 with 2.4G wifi-network and it's working properly. FYI.

Please let me know the next possible steps to fix this 5G wifi-network issue ?

Regards,

Binod Sharma

Hi Binod Sharma, 

Thank you for your post ad providing all this information! 

You're not able to change WiFi band in the Bose Music App you will need to factory reset the system and re-set it up to pop it on the 5G. 

Have you tried resetting your router? 

Do you have other devices connected to the 5G network which work correctly?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

binods2000@yahoo.co.in
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

Hi Jessie

I have re-started my Dual band Router before applying your suggested options, but no luck.

There are 3 devices (Samsung Note8, iphone XR & Dell Laptop) connecting via 5G band wifi network and couple of devices (cctv camera, VU smart TV, Amazon fireStick, soundbar 700, etc) are with 2.4G band wifi network without any issue.

Regards,

Binod

Hello Binod,

From what you have been saying so far it sounds like we have the 2.4G and 5G bands named differently. Is that correct, or are they using the same SSID?

If not we would want to give them separate names, so we can easily control which band the speaker connects to.

We do have a few more settings we recommend checking on the router to make sure the soundbar can connect to it. If we could check those, we might find the culprit on the 5G band that is stopping us from connecting.

UPnP - Enable

Multicast - Enable

IGMP - Enable

Wireless Isolation - Disable

IGMP Proxy - Disable

Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode - Mixed or B/G/N

Stealth mode - Disable

MAC Filtering/Access Control - Disable, or add the SoundTouch™ system’s MAC address to the allowed devices list

WPS - Disable

Wireless channel - Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended.

Security type WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption.

WMM – Disable.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

binods2000@yahoo.co.in
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

Hi Keith,

Thankyou for your suggestion & Sorry for late response.

Actually I have tried your suggested option, but it didnot work.  Soundbar is able to detect both band wifi (2.4G & 5G) network, but it connecting only 2.4G only.

Kindly suggest me what next I can do ?

Regards,

Binod

binods2000@yahoo.co.in
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

Hi Keith,

I have assigned two different SSID for both wifi band and my couple of devices are connected with 2.4G SSID wifi network as well as couple of device with 5G SSID.

Regards,

Binod

Hi Binod,

That's great. Has the connection now been successful?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

binods2000@yahoo.co.in
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

Hi Charlotte,

No.  Sorry to say that still soundbar is not able to connect 5G wifi band.

Actually the context of my previous statement related to SSID was that my Router is working properly with both band (2.4G/5G) network.

Regard,

Binod