Will we ever see the AirPlay 2 update for SoundTouch?

Re: Will we ever see the AirPlay 2 update for SoundTouch?

Good Morning, 

@MikeK - Thank you for your understanding in this matter.  We are working around the clock to produce the highest quality products for our customers that we can and we are always looking to improve our customers experience with our products.

@jq371 - I would like to apologize for the frustrations this has caused but I can assure you we are diligently working on getting Airplay 2 implemented with our SoundTouch products. The technology needed is far more complex in the SoundTouch products as these products were created before Airplay 2 so it is more difficult to incorporate into than the newer products designed after Airplay 2 was released. I would like to thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. 

I would like to assure all members of our Community that support for your SoundTouch products is going to continue running alongside support for Smart Home. We have no plans to halt support for SoundTouch, and although we do not have a time frame at the moment for integration with SoundTouch, please keep an eye on our community as we will post updates when we have more information.

Thank you all for your patience. 

Kind Regards,

Vicky W

Friendly Fanatic

Actually, Bose publicly released comment they would support AirPlay 2 OmniSys SoundTouch devices nearly 2 years ago, and since then, many people have purchased on that promise. So everyone who purchased post that announcement has every right to hold Bose to task for delivering on their promise or offering refunds/exchanges to technology that does.
Friendly Fanatic

Okay great... This says it all.

"The technology needed is far more complex in the SoundTouch products as these products were created before Airplay 2 so it is more difficult to incorporate into than the newer products designed after Airplay 2 was released."

Bose can't get it to work properly so it's never going to happen

If it's happening, it will be limited and buggy. I'm going to sell my Bose stuff.

Hello All,

We are very sorry for the disappointment regarding Airplay 2 for our SoundTouch Products. We understand your frustration that Airplay 2 has not yet been made available and can understand why you may feel that it is not coming. We would like to assure you that we are diligently working on getting this feature implemented with our SoundTouch products. 

We will post any updates regarding this to the main page of the forums when more information is available to us.

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Strident Supporter

what they really mean is we will never see it. But theywill let development know we want it. 

@Tegan_M wrote:

Hello All,

We are very sorry for the disappointment regarding Airplay 2 for our SoundTouch Products. We understand your frustration that Airplay 2 has not yet been made available and can understand why you may feel that it is not coming. We would like to assure you that we are diligently working on getting this feature implemented with our SoundTouch products. 

We will post any updates regarding this to the main page of the forums when more information is available to us.

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

@Tegan_M wrote:

Hello All,

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Friendly Fanatic

Can I just say thankyou Tegan for the reply.
The reason I have been disappointed with Bose and eager to end my relationship with the company hasn’t been the delay in the implementation of this update.
It has been the way Bose reps have just cookie cutter replied to every person who has asked about it or ignored and dismissed requests for information.
So thankyou for taking the time to acknowledge an unhappy group of Bose consumers and although we understand you can’t give us information if you don’t have it, it’s encouraging to see a new message that hasn’t been cut and pasted from a year ago.
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter

I was duped into buying Lifestyle 650 (SoundTouch) and a Soundtouch 20 (SoundTouch) because the sales rep. told me AirPlay 2 was coming out soon. This was in late 2017. It's mid-2019 now. I'm pretty pissed off about it. The BOSE store I bought this equipment from doesn't even exist anymore (Easton, Columbus, OH). Not a good look BOSE. You should compensate us for this inconvenience. Free Apple Music for a year? Something!

Strident Supporter

@mpf541 wrote:

what they really mean is we will never see it. But theywill let development know we want it. 

@Tegan_M wrote:

Hello All,

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

@Tegan_M wrote:

Hello All,

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

And that is exactly the same think bose has been saying to 2 years now. why don't you do some thing different for a change. Tell us something. Wait you doid you said early 2019. But you also like normal did not follow through. 

Audible Advocate

I am a patient guy. But this is crazy. I feel like I made a huge mistake and purchased way too much Bose Soundtouch gear (4 x ST30, 1 x ST bar, 1 x ST wireless link) based very much on the fact that I was informed that AirPlay 2 was coming soon. This was around 2 years ago. My first big disappointment was actually when you changed the app from the smooth black graphics, to the much clunkier and non-intuitive white interface. However that is somewhat off-topic. Nevertheless this Airplay2 delay on the Soundtouch devices and the fact the it is now clear that the ST HW is inferior and potentially too slow to run Airplay 2 smoothly makes me extremely disappointed to say the least. But you do promise that it’s coming... so I will keep waiting. Please don’t let us down completely!
Audible Advocate

That is precisely why I have lost all faith in Bose and especially their attempt at replicating Sonos.    Don't get me wrong I still have QC 35's and their old school non wireless systems (Bose 321 GSX), which are great and reliable.   Soundtouch is a total mess of a wireless system.   That is why after over a year of waiting patientially for bug fixes/Airplay, etc, I have since sold all my Soundtouch systems (ST 300, VI 300, 4 x ST10, ST20 and ST 30) and replaced them with sonos equivalents and never looked back.  Airplay 2 out of the box.  Sonos app is why more intuitive and functional.  No more issues of audio drop outs/speakers dissapearing from the ios app, etc.     

Just my two cents.  Hope Bose figures it out, but I stopped holding my breath.